HSC Modern History Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

AuroraXT

HSC
Ye the exam went really well, basically had the same questions for USA and Cold War for trials + they were predictable since Great Depression and Detente weren't tested last year. Power and Authority core was easier than last years as well imo.

jojosiwa123

HSC
yes a really good exam for minimal study B) don't think modern will count for me tho considering how everyone seemed to think it was easy
agreed. I’m worried about the scaling for it this year, last years paper was much harder... power and authority was straightforward af too even for those who didn’t study

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
It wasn't as hard as expected tho

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
I am so stupid I accidentally wrote my answer for section 3 on section 2 so I have to scribble out the word section 3 and section 2 on the top of each and hope that they actually accept this

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
I am so stupid I accidentally wrote my answer for section 3 on section 2 so I have to scribble out the word section 3 and section 2 on the top of each and hope that they actually accept this
I did this for eco and the hsc people said its ok and that they will make a note of it for the markers when it gets scanned

Hscbuzman

HSC
Easiest exam in HSC history for modern. Re-using questions 2 years in a row now....what a shame.

ktbffh11

HSC
hey for the nazi consolidation question i talked about everything but the death of hindenburg - how many marks do you reckon i'll lose?

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
hey for the nazi consolidation question i talked about everything but the death of hindenburg - how many marks do you reckon i'll lose?
I'd reckon it depends how well you talked about the other factors

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
I thought that in that question you had to talk about laws, repression, terror, censorship and propaganda and use your own knowledge along with the sources to provide evidence. I thought it fit very well with the 2 sources and it's a full syllabus dot point which would make sense for a big question. Did you guys do that too or am I completely wrong?

mmmm.

HSC
I thought that in that question you had to talk about laws, repression, terror, censorship and propaganda and use your own knowledge along with the sources to provide evidence. I thought it fit very well with the 2 sources and it's a full syllabus dot point which would make sense for a big question. Did you guys do that too or am I completely wrong?
The first source was on enabling act so i talked about how hitler became chancellor which allowed him to pass the enabling act which would allow the regime to implement laws, which helped secure hitlers position as dictator. Does anyone remember what the second source was about?? but i think i wrote about Gleichschaltung and how hitlers gained control and coordination over german life and explained what they did and how it helped nazis consolidate power.
Is this wrong or not?

So i guess you are right in talking about laws, repression and terror, but not too sure about propaganda and censorship.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
The first source was on enabling act so i talked about how hitler became chancellor which allowed him to pass the enabling act which would allow the regime to implement laws, which helped secure hitlers position as dictator. Does anyone remember what the second source was about?? but i think i wrote about Gleichschaltung and how hitlers gained control and coordination over german life and explained what they did and how it helped nazis consolidate power.
Is this wrong or not?

So i guess you are right in talking about laws, repression and terror, but not too sure about propaganda and censorship.
It was about a non-Aryan girl (not sure if she's Jew she probably is), about how her life slowly changed after the Nazis consolidation of power

Althacommie

HSC
Wasn't it about Nazi consolidation of power in the period 1933-1934? So it would be gleichschaltung as in the Reichstag Fire Decree, Enabling Act, and Hitler's rise to Chancellor of Germany.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
The 2nd source was an extract form Goebbels speech about Night of Broken Glass and I think it shows Volksgemeinshaft mostly because he talks about community, if I remember correctly the question asked to talk about how the Nazis consolidated power rather than what the sources showed specifically. That's why I though that the sources are mostly complementary to your own knowledge on this question and if you left out a part of the syllabus e.g. propaganda - you would lose marks.

Now that I think back on it I prob should've included more info but the question they asked is enough to write an essay on so idk how it's going to get marked.

AuroraXT

HSC
The 2nd source was an extract form Goebbels speech about Night of Broken Glass and I think it shows Volksgemeinshaft mostly because he talks about community, if I remember correctly the question asked to talk about how the Nazis consolidated power rather than what the sources showed specifically. That's why I though that the sources are mostly complementary to your own knowledge on this question and if you left out a part of the syllabus e.g. propaganda - you would lose marks.

Now that I think back on it I prob should've included more info but the question they asked is enough to write an essay on so idk how it's going to get marked.
Whilst I mentioned propaganda, I don't think it was important in the initial consolidation of power but rather in maintaining control (later part of the syllabus) so you were not meant to talk about terror, repression, censorship, propaganda etc.. However, The Reich Chamber of Culture/Ministry of Propaganda and Enlightenment/Editorial Law/Radios and Fuhrer myth were already prevalent in 1933 so I guess its plausible to talk about propaganda especially since they had a source on it. Also I'm pretty sure Goebbels was not mentioning the night of the Broken Glass which was 5 years after the consolidation of power 1933-1934, but rather the mass book burning of 1933.

What you were meant to talk about was actually (note I did not talk about all of this, just looked at this part of the syllabus again after the exam)
- The Reichstag Fire Decree 1933 which abolished civil liberties and allowed imprisonment without trial - allowed the nazi party to easily remove political opponents
- The Subsequent Enabling Act after removing their political opponents to gain a majority in the Reichstag and allow Hitler to pass laws without going through the Reichstag
- The Enabling Act lead to laws such as the banning of all political parties but the Nazi Parties, the abolishment of trade unions to be replaced by a single German Labour Front. The Judicial system was also brought under control and civil service composing of Jews and political opponents were purged. Refer to Gleichshaltung (bringing all areas of society under control)
- The Night of Long Knives which brought the Nazi Party into control from within by purging the bad elements of the SA
- The Death of Hindenburg which lead to Hitler becoming Fuhrer: Head of State, Head of Government, Head of Army

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)