Plan and Timings for HSC/Trial Exams (1 Viewer)

Jojofelyx

HSC
What time split is recommended to get a mid B6 in Chemistry and Ecos, in terms of how many minutes I should spend on M/C, S/A and extended responses (for Ecos obviously). Thank you

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
For Economics, one minute per multiple choice question would be enough time. With exams containing multiple choice questions, I used to skip whichever question(s) that did not immediately ring a bell, then come back to them after completing the other sections. You shouldn't be spending too much time on the multiple choice as their value isn't as high as the other sections. For short answers, I believe the recommended time allocation for the short answer section (75 minutes) should be more than enough. Once you complete those 2 sections, you should end up with some additional time gained from spending less time on the less important sections (about 15 minutes), which you can instead add to the time you spend writing your extended responses, allowing you to improve quality and length of your extended responses.

Jojofelyx

HSC
For Economics, one minute per multiple choice question would be enough time. With exams containing multiple choice questions, I used to skip whichever question(s) that did not immediately ring a bell, then come back to them after completing the other sections. You shouldn't be spending too much time on the multiple choice as their value isn't as high as the other sections. For short answers, I believe the recommended time allocation for the short answer section (75 minutes) should be more than enough. Once you complete those 2 sections, you should end up with some additional time gained from spending less time on the less important sections (about 15 minutes), which you can instead add to the time you spend writing your extended responses, allowing you to improve quality and length of your extended responses.
Thank you, that seems very reasonable. You reckon its better to spend the last like 3 or so minutes to go over the m/c instead of trying to perfect an essay? i feel like picking up a mark or two in m/c is a fair bit easier than in an essay

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you, that seems very reasonable. You reckon its better to spend the last like 3 or so minutes to go over the m/c instead of trying to perfect an essay? i feel like picking up a mark or two in m/c is a fair bit easier than in an essay
If you're sure you can find the answer to those multiple choice questions once most of the pressure is gone, that definitely sounds like a good option. It's usually harder to maximise marks in the essay sections than the multiple choice section as you mentioned.

Jojofelyx

HSC
If you're sure you can find the answer to those multiple choice questions once most of the pressure is gone, that definitely sounds like a good option. It's usually harder to maximise marks in the essay sections than the multiple choice section as you mentioned.
Fair enough, thank you x

Jojofelyx

HSC
Anyone got any tips for chemistry ? that would be super appreciated

quickoats

HSC
Some people do Eco in a weird order (Essay 1, SA, MC, Essay 2) which might be good for you? I just did all exams in order cos I wasn’t bothered with ‘strategy’ - just learn the stuff and you’ll be alright.

Jojofelyx

HSC
ur not getting full marks in extended responses without having a few relevant chemical equations and previous experiences prior.
Yeah I get that, but what am I memorising, are there big bold patterns of extended responses from each module?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)