pronouns (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Which is equally ridiculous because a child that young can’t give consent but can somehow start gender transition procedures.
Isaac Butterfield made a video near the end of last year in which he talked about this issue.

I don't necessarily agree with everything he says/believes in, but the points he made in this video are pretty good and consistent with what you're saying.

enoilgam

HSC
This child was way below 18 years of age and had started transitioning. Which is equally ridiculous because a child that young can’t give consent but can somehow start gender transition procedures.
I agree that there should be some criteria that accounts for age prior to progressing with treatment, especially the more permanent transition procedures.

Hiheyhello

HSC
i just realised how conservative this site is, my friends would have a stroke lol

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
i just realised how conservative this site is, my friends would have a stroke lol
Not necessarily. I would identify myself as a centrist. Sometimes I think the conservative viewpoint is right for the situation and sometimes I think the left is right for the situation. A lot of the time I think the answer is somewhere in the middle of the two sides where you need a collective moderation of both sides.

I think probably most people are reasonable people in the center and are willing to discuss and give/take on quite a bit unlike the hardliners who have radical views and think one side is completely right while the other is completely wrong.

Hiheyhello

HSC
Not necessarily. I would identify myself as a centrist. Sometimes I think the conservative viewpoint is right for the situation and sometimes I think the left is right for the situation. A lot of the time I think the answer is somewhere in the middle of the two sides where you need a collective moderation of both sides.

I think probably most people are reasonable people in the center and are willing to discuss and give/take on quite a bit unlike the hardliners who have radical views and think one side is completely right while the other is completely wrong.
i wholeheartedly agree

enoilgam

HSC
At least in this specific regard, this site is much closer to what the average Australian is like than your school is.
I agree, I think younger people though tend to be more left leaning. I know when I was in high school, I was leaned to the left but as I got older I became more conservative (Id probably describe myself as a small-c conservative, but my vote can be swung to Labor if they have a good policy mix).

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
The fact that people have to discuss about pronouns shows the vulnerability and insanity of this generation. You are either a 'he' or a 'she', not 'they' and not 'kitten'.
I believe the same thing, however I also believe that people can be what they desire.

Bottom line though: You're born biologically either a girl or a boy. There's no in the middle or on the side.

dighead

HSC
Where I work, the US office has required all staff to put their pronouns into their email signature.

enoilgam

HSC
Where I work, the US office has required all staff to put their pronouns into their email signature.
Ive started seeing this as well at work, no idea why it's important or how it is work related - I dont have an issue with other people doing it, as long as I dont have to do it. We are also now getting asked to do an "Acknowledgement of Country" before meetings, based on where we live. I might still live at home (wog life), but I will be damned if Im acknowledging anyone else who doesn't pay the mortgage/bills for this land. Goes even double for when I build my own place in the next few years, no way am I going to acknowledge anyone else when Ive worked my ass off saving money for years to build it. Just more politically correct nonsense that is really tokenistic at best.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Ive started seeing this as well at work, no idea why it's important or how it is work related - I dont have an issue with other people doing it, as long as I dont have to do it. We are also now getting asked to do an "Acknowledgement of Country" before meetings, based on where we live. I might still live at home (wog life), but I will be damned if Im acknowledging anyone else who doesn't pay the mortgage/bills for this land. Goes even double for when I build my own place in the next few years, no way am I going to acknowledge anyone else when Ive worked my ass off saving money for years to build it. Just more politically correct nonsense that is really tokenistic at best.
yeah before every lect at my uni there's an acknowledgement of country which I never pay attention to but the initiative is completely understandable. this country originally belonged to the Indigenous Australians who had their land stolen and their identities erased, these communities have basically no value or power now and so idk I think the least we could do as mainstream Australians is just verbally acknowledge that this land once had its rightful owners, before large meetings at institutions and such for the sake of respect really, obviously a small acknowledgement won't reverse the damage and neither will it make your property not yours, nothing political here it's a "moral obligation" and "considerate". the pronouns stuff though is a million times more bs.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
um wtf I just spent like 10 minutes typing up a reply to enoilgam and then I deleted it without thinking? all that effort gone to waste

FesuY

HSC
I believe the same thing, however I also believe that people can be what they desire.

Bottom line though: You're born biologically either a girl or a boy. There's no in the middle or on the side.
Agreed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)