Failing maths advanced prelim but I need it for the course I want, any advice? (1 Viewer)

astraaaaaah

HSC
So I'm failing mathematics advanced, I'm currently in year 11 and entering year 12 just now. I did not do well in my yearlies or any 2 unit maths exam at all. I am able to do most things but I still have great difficulty. I need math advanced for the course I want to do (veterinary science) but I'm afraid it'll impact my atar. I don't plan on dropping it either as I've invested countless time into the course and money in tutouring.

Any advice on what to do? :(

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Don't give up. Don't know what your problems are. But you need to have your situation looked at to see what is a good way out. Give me a call. I may, or may not, be of help.

If you like, you can send me a shot of your most recent Maths exam so I can have a look at your answers. This will give me an idea of where your problems lie.

Last edited:

Hiheyhello

HSC
i was in a similar position, so i dropped maths entirely.

now all i have to do is a bridging course for the courses that require prerequisites.

it’s great because prior to dropping it, i was doing really well in all of my subjects EXCEPT maths which ruins the straight A objective if you know what i mean, and now i’m doing well in all my units because i’m good at them, which will do wonders for ur atar.

yes, you could stick it out but that’s really risky because year 11 was the test run, and even if you do get a tutor, heaps of people are in a better position than you. still could do it though if you wanted to badly enough, at the end of the day only you know yourself.

Hiheyhello

HSC
You said you need maths for uni right. But your worried about it impacting your atar. If you have 6 subjects since only your top 5 go to your atar then you can keep math and not worry about it impacting your atar
mmmm true
all u need is a band 4 for the pre-requisite to count

astraaaaaah

HSC
Try watching maths tutorials on Youtube. Sometimes I find them to be more useful than my teachers/tutors and its free too! Also, off topic but have you done any animal work experience? If so, what have you done? I'm also interested in veterinary science however I'm worried about my lack of experience due to covid restrictions...
actually, I don't have that much experience either due to covid.... I am aiming to get some experience however, I'm just unsure where.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)