Math Ext 1 Predictions/Thoughts (4 Viewers)

vishnay

God
HSC
curious about what to you was hard in 2020 and what was hard in the 2021 paper to you
in 2021 it was just the last part of the last question

everything else was quite chill tbh

2020 it was iii and iv from 14a

Siwel

HSC

fair enough honestly would say more in 2021 other than last part of q14 but maybe you are better at these topics them me

JesusChriiii

HSC
personally I view this year to be harder, but i guess it’s because that I suck at sketching and there were 4 graphing questions whereas last year there was only 1 so I got to q14 with much more limited time this year. Funnily enough my friends all agreed that this year is harder - guess the exam condition is also a thing hey

Epicman69

HSC

Nah bruh the 2020 paper was so much more chill than this one, but I'm ngl the difficulty is not harder by much

Siwel

HSC
Nah bruh the 2020 paper was so much more chill than this one, but I'm ngl the difficulty is not harder by much
bar my terrible algebra mistakes i still think q14 was harder in 2021 then 2020, if i had the same time for q14 in 2020 as i did today ngl the perms and combs wouldnt be too bad

Epicman69

HSC
bar my terrible algebra mistakes i still think q14 was harder in 2021 then 2020, if i had the same time for q14 in 2020 as i did today ngl the perms and combs wouldnt be too bad
yea I can agree with that, if you made a silly mistake for that maximum capacity question, it would be a pain to rewrite everything lol. Though im ngl I was kinda disappointed that there wasn't a binomial proof question, since I actually studied specifically for that lol

Siwel

HSC
yea I can agree with that, if you made a silly mistake for that maximum capacity question, it would be a pain to rewrite everything lol. Though im ngl I was kinda disappointed that there wasn't a binomial proof question, since I actually studied specifically for that lol
just one is an understatement, multiple were made

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
you got any solutions for x1 by any chance yet
Nope. I literally got it 5 minutes after it was posted. Unless Jojofelyx also has solutions and posts them up, I'd say give it a day or so for solutions to come out.

Siwel

HSC
Nope. I literally got it 5 minutes after it was posted. Unless Jojofelyx also has solutions and posts them up, I'd say give it a day or so for solutions to come out.
ok no worries

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
have you ever seen the one with a 3x3 grid where you can place either a 1 or a 0 in each square and adding the rows and columns gives a number and you have to prove that at least one of the results at least 3 times or smth i forgot the exact q. your pigeon holes are all possible outcomes i.e. 0,1,2,3 and your pigeons are the sums of the rows i think. thinking about it i think there was a restriction on the number of 1s and 0s.
this isn't right, since

1 1 1
1 1 0
1 0 0

has exactly 2 of each of the possible non-zero sums

notme123

HSC
yea I can agree with that, if you made a silly mistake for that maximum capacity question, it would be a pain to rewrite everything lol.
i did this and it wasted a lot of time, also max capacity wasnt exact right??

icycledough

HSC
Is anyone else worried that the raw mark to hsc mark conversion will be a lot worse this year because everyone has had more time to study?
I think while everyone may have had more time to study, there's a few other considerations to make. The quality of teaching would have definitely gone down a lot, which can directly affect the knowledge students can gain (unless they are proficient in independent learning). It also depends on the difficulty of the exam, which is very hard to extrapolate based purely on a BoS thread, as there were 8754 total enrolments in Maths Extension 1 this year. People's mental health would definitely have been affected a lot, which while some people will be able to not let that distract them during exams, some people will understandably be affected by that, thus, potentially affecting their exam performance.

notme123

HSC
i just realised the unnecessarily part of the binomial wasnt part of the q and was just flavour text, i just thought it meant opposite of what is said next. that is shit word choice especially for 4u kids who do stuff with proofs with those words. i hope i dont lose a mark for the inequality signs being switched because i ended up with n>6000 in the end which is correct

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)