Feeling Guilty for Being Selfish (1 Viewer)

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I get where OP is coming from, it just depends

if someone is asking u to give them a copy of your whole assignment or smth like that, then I'd gatekeep

but if someone is asking you what tutoring centre you go to, or they're asking you for tips/ advice then I'd just give that info to them you're not losing out, like if this person starts going to your secret tutoring centre then they're only gonna gain a benefit if they're putting in the work and dedication, it's not a threat by any means and this tutoring centre isn't like trademarked under your name or smth lol

it's just nice to help people out in ofc realistic and reasonable ways, I believe that if you want good for others then you'll receive that good too

my competitors in school were so helpful to me it was awesome, people who were hella fighting for top ranks like I was would still share niche resources with me, always give me tips and advice that helped them personally, and it honestly cultivated a really healthy playing field where we all pushed each other towards success. I recall some ppl who were gatekeepers and shared nothing w the rest of us but like, in hindsight it didn't do much for them

one of my 2u classmates took the time to make a massive "rlly hard question bank" during the critical weeks before HSC, he rated each question 1-5 stars based on difficulty, and he wrote up and scanned his own solutions for each question, then distributed this resource to the whole class, like it was a whole lot of effort he put in for this

at this point I had no more past papers to do and so this man's question bank was literally the best last minute 2u revision I could've ever gotten before HSC, I ended up beating his mark by 1 or 2 but I'm gonna forever appreciate what he did, sure if he kept this resource to himself he may have topped the cohort but he helped out so many ppl by just being charitable and chill and not so uptight

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
If helping others involves consolidating your own knowledge and understanding, then you can both benefit.

Also, consider the perspective of your tutor - the best form of advertising is word of mouth, so refusing to tell others who you got help from is not doing any favours for the tutor, who might well appreciate you sharing positive comments.

icycledough

HSC
I get where OP is coming from, it just depends

if someone is asking u to give them a copy of your whole assignment or smth like that, then I'd gatekeep

but if someone is asking you what tutoring centre you go to, or they're asking you for tips/ advice then I'd just give that info to them you're not losing out, like if this person starts going to your secret tutoring centre then they're only gonna gain a benefit if they're putting in the work and dedication, it's not a threat by any means and this tutoring centre isn't like trademarked under your name or smth lol

it's just nice to help people out in ofc realistic and reasonable ways, I believe that if you want good for others then you'll receive that good too

my competitors in school were so helpful to me it was awesome, people who were hella fighting for top ranks like I was would still share niche resources with me, always give me tips and advice that helped them personally, and it honestly cultivated a really healthy playing field where we all pushed each other towards success. I recall some ppl who were gatekeepers and shared nothing w the rest of us but like, in hindsight it didn't do much for them

one of my 2u classmates took the time to make a massive "rlly hard question bank" during the critical weeks before HSC, he rated each question 1-5 stars based on difficulty, and he wrote up and scanned his own solutions for each question, then distributed this resource to the whole class, like it was a whole lot of effort he put in for this

at this point I had no more past papers to do and so this man's question bank was literally the best last minute 2u revision I could've ever gotten before HSC, I ended up beating his mark by 1 or 2 but I'm gonna forever appreciate what he did, sure if he kept this resource to himself he may have topped the cohort but he helped out so many ppl by just being charitable and chill and not so uptight
A person in our year last year, a week before the 3U exam, set up a discord account live (don't know the ins and outs of discord, lol), where he was going through difficult topics. I think he ended up getting either 100 or 99 for both, something mental, and there were about 100 people who were watching it. The point is, it's very easy between trials and HSC for people to be this generous in helping each other out, but before then, people will understandably be a lot more competitive and 'selfish' in that regard.

kkk579

hello
HSC
just because they might go to the same tutoring as u doesn’t mean they’ll get the same or higher marks as u. depends on the individual. just tell them lmao, there’s no harm in helping someone. sharing is caring :)

but again it’s up to u, if u don’t wanna to tell them then don’t.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)