RTP: E = m(k+1)^2
∵ trivial and left as an exercise to the reader
∴ P(k+1) is true

∴ By proof by mathematical induction, P(n) is true for all real n
∴ E = mc^2
NAHHH FRRR 😭

Shirotc1

HSC
The test is gonna be F'ed up for sure, however, ig if you are able to get a decent raw mark that's above 75, your aligned mark will probs be a band 5 or 6 externally

HSC
1667022644745.pngIk this is probably way too easy for you guys but could anyone explain this question with working out? Thanks.

tgone

HSC
View attachment 36839Ik this is probably way too easy for you guys but could anyone explain this question with working out? Thanks.
Thought process:
1. Since the transformers are ideal, power is constant throughout the circuit.
2. The load circuit tells us that P=VI=5*24=120W
3. Vp/Vs = Np/Ns ==> 240/Vs = 1000/500 = 2 ==> Vs=120V
4. P=VI, I=P/V=120/120=1.0A

So C.

LMK if i'm wrong, haven't looked at this content for a while cramming for chemistry rn haha

Last edited:

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Thought process:
2. The load circuit tells us that P=VI=5*24=120A

So C.

LMK if i'm wrong, haven't looked at this content for a while cramming for chemistry rn haha
seems right

HSC
Thought process:
2. The load circuit tells us that P=VI=5*24=120A

So C.

You are very much correct my friend thank you! I didn't think of using P=VI so I guess I need more practice with that haha. Good luck for chemistry!

tgone

HSC
You are very much correct my friend thank you! I didn't think of using P=VI so I guess I need more practice with that haha. Good luck for chemistry!
No problem- for questions like these if you're getting a brain freeze just take a look at the reference sheet for a refresher, it has VpIp=VsIs on it which may have been useful.

Edit: An interesting thing to post on the predictions thread, lmao

HSC
No problem- for questions like these if you're getting a brain freeze just take a look at the reference sheet for a refresher, it has VpIp=VsIs on it which may have been useful.

Edit: An interesting thing to post on the predictions thread, lmao
Yeah there was only a predictions thread so just thought I'd post it in here lol. I was just going through the additional sample questions and thought I'd get a quick answer in here.

tgone

HSC
Yeah there was only a predictions thread so just thought I'd post it in here lol. I was just going through the additional sample questions and thought I'd get a quick answer in here.
fair enough, don't think any of us would complain at a quick revision question anyway

notme123

HSC
I saw this post on facebook which is likely fake cuz it was an anonymous post but interesting to think about:
"Close family friend is on NESA physics examiner board. Warned me that there will be a big emphasis on module 5 this year. 2 9 markers: one on satellites, one on a racing circuit with analysis of forces. "

bio had a lot of heavy markers this year and all the sciences usually follow each other in terms of examination style each year. this post came after the bio exam so no guarantees

yanujw

HSC
Warned me that there will be a big emphasis on module 5 this year. 2 9 markers: one on satellites, one on a racing circuit with analysis of forces.
Interesting use of the word 'warned'. Compared to the rest of the syllabus, this is actually a pretty good deal for the long responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)