Timske
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Haha For a second I thought you were my teachers daughter. Would of been awkward

Anyway. The head legal teacher is a guy.

What school do you go to
    Not really.

She has a daughter in year 12. So she would be around our mums age

Why do you ask?
    Um it has been a while, but im pretty busy for he next few weeks with assessments and stuff so mb its worthwhile asking the forum for help. Cheers
    Q: "A small object with a charge of 12uc. q = 1.2 * 10^-5 , whats the units for columbs?"
    A: Um...your question doesnt make much sense. I think you got the terms alittle mixed up. If a small object has a charge of 12uC, then this is the same as 1.2*10^-5 C. The units for charge is Coulombs. Asking what is the units for coulombs doesnt makes any sense :S
    Q: "The number of field lines determine the magnitude of strength of electric fields, why is this? "
    A: It is by definition that the more field lines you have, the stronger the electric fields. It is just a way for us to show to the marker that there is a stronger electric field.

Q:"Why is the positive plate the high potential plate?"
    A: Once again this is by definition. It just happens to be that the plate with the greatest potential is positive. We could say the negative plate will have the highest potential but the physicists worldwide have defined the positive plate with the greatest potential so we should stick to their model, otherwise we'll get into trouble with them :p
    However by looking at the second equation E=V/d (i think you made a typo because u said E=v/q), this tells me alot more about the electric field. In fact, it defines an electric field more succinctly. This equation tells me that the electric field strength is defined as the potential difference across two plates divided by the distance between the two plates. So if you think about it logically, if i keep the voltage constant and move the two electric plates closer to one another, then the electric field strength must be pretty strong because it acts on such a small area. Hence you should think of an electric field as the change in potential difference over the distance between 2 plates.
    Hopefully that made some sense. It was difficult to explain it via bos without any diagrams :(
    I'll start with the equation E=F/q. The way i like to remember it is (by making F the subject of the equation) F=qE. This tells me that if you have a charged particle (e.g. electron) and you place it in some electric field, it will experience a force given by F. So the equation E=F/q can be defined as the force experienced by the particle over the charge of the particle. So if the charged particle has moved alot (i.e. because it experiences a greater force) then the electric field strength must be large. I dont usually like defining the electric field this way because I rather interpret the equation as F=qE because it makes more sense to me.
    Yeah it mustve been you selective guys. My year was probably the last non-selective year. Good job guys! Howd u find out about the ranking?
    WHAT IS OUR SCHOOL 122??? THATS LIKE SO GOOD. Bk in my year it was like 200+ i think :S
    Well the M+M experiment was to basically measure the earth's velocity relative to the aether using interference patterns. If its only worth one mark, then I would contest it. Did any of your friends write something similar and get the marks for it? Any ideas who marked it?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…