anomalousdecay
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah, that's pretty true. I agree with you on the judgment part. It's a massive time waster as well, so it's good that you have less of a distraction. The only good thing is convenience contacting people and being able to follow certain things or find something out.
    It's USYD, so I can't say I know their process well. I'll try and do some research, but ATM, my advice is probably as good as yours.
    I might apply, but it means I would probably have to commit to it. But whether or not I apply, I will still answer questions or whatever. I think I saw in the p00n thread that you said I should apply first, but don't let me stop you from applying ;) (I'm assuming that's what you meant)
    They are a bit different so it's all good.

I think it is one of the avatars that you can select on the forum. I just trawled through it and found that one.
    Nervous as fk for the standup comedy competition hahaha. Simultaneously super duper excited about uni and oweek and college :D Wbu?

I got mass effect 3 yesterday, its actually pretty epic :)
    Elsoc will have more than Engsoc. Engsoc is really just all the faculty societies together at a bbq once a semester... Your faculty societies may/may not have something, but it will be more than Engsoc.

However, groups like sunswift are independent of faculty societies. Maybe check out your faculty website to see if there are any projects. If not, you could always start one!
    I guess as a caveat, you may be given work that seems like it's out of your depth, or you have no idea where to start. People will gladly help you, but at the same time, there is only a bit of direction. Most of the "important" (I say that loosely) is done by the more experienced members, so try to learn from them because when they leave, you will be there to fill their shoes.

The other thing is that they usually meet up on saturdays (elec) and sundays (mech) to do work. Prior to the race last year, we also had some meetings during the week.

It was definitely good experience though.
    Definitely, there's an electrical team as well as mech, and I also worked on the systems engineering team. Then there's other important teams such as safety (which ended up collaborating with systems), business (like marketing and I think HR or something).

The elec team focuses on the circuitry (as one would expect), the battery and solar array storage, solar panels etc.

Since the race was last year, sunswift are making improvements to the current car, so they won't be making another one from scratch again.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…