Bored Of Studies

[ ]
[ ]
Marxism and conservativism are a pretty contradictory combination. Why not just try Classical German Philosophy (I don't know if that actually even exists in uni) with Marxism?

Also have you thought of doing Metaphysics?
totally_screwed
totally_screwed
yeah but the point of the unit is to just explore a bunch of diff ideas and movements, which I'm into bc I like learning ab a lot of things at surface level rather than one thing really deeply

and no I haven't thought of metaphysics bc I'm a science student not philosophy lol, I'm just taking this ideology one as an elective+Dalyell Scholar unit it's friendly to students of all disciplines
totally_screwed
totally_screwed
@[ ] bruh how do I tag you, I was gonna say idk abt Classical German Philosophy I didn't know that was a thing lol, but I did took philosophy of science last year and it was really insightful and like my first experience w philosophy, much deep shit
[ ]
[ ]
The credit points, a major usually need atleast 8 subjects (One year), a minor, and electives usually only need 4 subjects. Also, your major is probably what your job when you graduate will be. Economics major does Economics internship and get an Economics or Finance related job.
[ ]
[ ]
Classical German Philosophy is just Kant, Hegel, Schelling, Schopenhauer, Fichte, etc. I don't know much about them myself though because I'm a Commerce student, I only read philosophy as leisure and I'm focusing on my grades now.
totally_screwed
totally_screwed
in other words a major has a heavier workload than a minor, but if you do a minor you still need to fill up the extra space with electives
[ ]
[ ]
If you choose the Science, you have to take one year to do the core subjects of the science bachelor, if you do Compsci you don't have to do the core subjects of science
Directrix
Directrix
Nah because I got an offer to study CS at UTS but it's actually science with brackets computer science. And since you guys are talking about the science part of your degree i look forward to it.
totally_screwed
totally_screwed
@[ ] never heard abt that shit in my life very foreign terms but that's interesting, always nice to go outside of your field and learn things, personally I've been taking advantage of my elective space to learn as much non science things as possible (taking Japanese this yr in true weeb fashion)
totally_screwed
totally_screwed
Directrix
Directrix
I might ultimately come usyd though if my ATAR satisfies my e12 because you get a bit of a discount
totally_screwed
totally_screwed
swag, usyd is a superior uni
[Blank]
[Blank]
Damn, that’s a lot of talking.
All I have to say is to @totally_screwed is that you are wrong, sorry.
I can’t really explain it until you experience the ‘self destruction’ I’m talking about.
However, since you are interested in philosophy, I’m sure you heard of the ‘ubermench’ or however you spell it by Nietzsche.
[Blank]
[Blank]
I found out recently that my ‘self destruction tactic’ is basically that idea.
I’m honestly proud of myself for figuring out the ‘ubermench’ without properly understanding it when I first heard about it.
It took half a year (of growing through philosophy and psychology), but here I am now.
[Blank]
[Blank]
Basically, Neitzsche was a VERY smart person, who understood that reasoning was ultimately for the purpose of throwing it away, to live a ‘proper’ life.
And I don’t mean proper as in right or wrong, but I mean which is truly most enjoyable and truthful.
[Blank]
[Blank]
@totally_screwed , what you were talking about of how my approach to learning is probably wrong since I disregarded wisdom is more of a ‘commonality’ that doesn’t exist.
Let me elaborate;
Even though most people perseve the situation the same way, the reality is usually different.
[Blank]
[Blank]
So, even though you are correct on a fundamental level, it still isn’t correct on a real level, since in my case, the ‘fundimentals’ are too basic and brush-offie.
People are more complicated than you could imagine, however, that’s only the process of thoughts itself, when it comes to the actual thoughts, surprisingly, they *should* be simple.
[Blank]
[Blank]
For most, they are, but in the wrong way.
What I mean by that is that people can start of naïve due to actual ignorance of judgement, however, if you were to forcefully refrain from wisedom, then the control of your ‘naïvity’ is going to be completely yours.
It’s better to throw away what you already know, than preventing yourself from not knowing to begin with.
[Blank]
[Blank]
It’s a really weird concept, but I hope you TRULY understand in the future.
Have ‘feel’ for it, it’s the only way.
That’s the clear difference between learning and understanding.
[Blank]
[Blank]
lol, I ended up explaining what I thought I couldn’t at the start.
And *I* ended up talking a lot more than you guys.
In all honesty, I like talking about philosophy, but I don’t like revisiting things I already know, which is an easy habit to get into.
In short, I’m not a stoic, which I prefer.