E
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello :)
    I noticed that youre studying Vet at JCU. Im currently in Year 12 and have always wanted to study vet, Ive done plenty of experience but in Sydney, which I hope doesnt disadvantage me. I was just wondering what kind of ATAR I'll need? Id love any other information aswell :)
    Thanks so much
    Michelle
    Hello :)
    I noticed that youre studying Vet at JCU. Im currently in Year 12 and have always wanted to study vet, Ive done plenty of experience but in Sydney, which I hope doesnt disadvantage me. I was just wondering what kind of ATAR I'll need? Id love any other information aswell :)
    Thanks so much
    Michelle
    Hi,
    That's great your interested in vet, its an awesome course/career! Other ideas could be volunteering at animal shelters (animal welfare league is a good one and is really enjoyable!) and volunteering at animal agricultural events (I was able to volunteer at the easter show in the animal area and got some great experience handling farm animals - but you can also see if the nsw ag society have any upcoming events?). Widlife parks and centers are also good and some really appreciate volunteers, you get to learn a lot about handling the animals as well cleaning/feeding and any vet treatment they receive.
    Basically, any work you can do with animals shows that you're dedicated, interested and are willing to put the effort in to be the best vet and student you can be.

Hope that helps :)
    Hi, I'm currently a year 11 student going into year 12 and I'm also interested in doing vet in uni. However I'm a bit stuck on finding veterinary and animal handling experiences for my application. Do you have any suggestions besides from doing work experience at a local vet? Anything would be great.

Thanks! ^^
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…