100 UAI, 4 state rankings - English (Advanced), EE1, EE2 and Ext. History tutoring (1 Viewer)

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
Re: 100 UAI, 4 state rankings - English (Advanced), EE1, EE2 and Ext. History tutorin

do you know what sucks?
youre the only tutor in my area, but you didnt do any of the texts i am doing, bar antony and cleopatra. and you couldve helped me with ext 2 as well.
hating life right now..

einstein

HSC
hey dude, i have no idea how to use PM it says i have disabled that or something and i havent a clue where to go to enable it, i was extremely interested in recieving tutoring of yourself, could you please drop me and email at dylan_white_9@hotmail.com asap so we can organise something ...that is if your still available

jeffreylah

HSC
I would like to tutor for Advanced English, Legal Studies and Modern History?
Would you be able to tutor at the state library?
Can i also ask, do u supply notes as well?
Hope to hear from you soon~

l519dc

HSC
whats the hardest topic in math ext1 btw for yr 12?

samuelj

HSC
need tutoring asap. Please get onto me as soon as you get this. Cheers Corey

PF

HSC
are you a genius/supermemory/were u bored out of ur mind studying??

WOW
christ
congrats!!

*i think english is boring

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I thought it was illegal to conduct tutoring that charged for a certain amount of fee in a library.

Section 10, Library Amendment Act, 1992
"A local library is not to provide any service (whether or not it charges for the service) that under guidelines issued by the Council is classified as a Commercial service which is unfairly competitive with the private sector."

Nothing against anyone, just what to discuss.

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Re: 100 UAI, 4 state rankings - English (Advanced), EE1, EE2 and Ext. History tutorin

What does tutoring have to do with libraries?:confused:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC

acmilan said:
What does tutoring have to do with libraries?:confused:
I think because c_james is offering tutoring with the potential to be conducted at libraries (he mentions the UNSW library). But who knows the source of that quote- is it from a specific councils regulations?

Regardless, who cares. Such things are not enforced and no one really gives a shit anyway.

Why do you care z600?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC

fleepbasding said:
I think because c_james is offering tutoring with the potential to be conducted at libraries (he mentions the UNSW library). But who knows the source of that quote- is it from a specific councils regulations?

Regardless, who cares. Such things are not enforced and no one really gives a shit anyway.

Why do you care z600?
I just wanted to see if anyone realise there is such regulation. I am not saying i oppose tutoring in the library or anything, just want to see people's view on the subject.

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
z600 said:
I thought it was illegal to conduct tutoring that charged for a certain amount of fee in a library.

"A local library is not to provide any service (whether or not it charges for the service) that under guidelines issued by the Council is classified as a Commercial service which is unfairly competitive with the private sector."

hmm.. does this mean if a person were to provide a tutoring service in the library its illegal, or if the library itself directly provides a tutoring service, is it this service which is illegal? (given that the service is 'unfairly competitive with the private sector') Which begs another interesting question, when is the service unfairly competitive? I charge $25 an hour, not cheap, not particularly expensive - but is this 'unfairly competitive with the private sector'?

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
PF said:
are you a genius/supermemory/were u bored out of ur mind studying??

WOW
christ
congrats!!

*i think english is boring
I attribute my success completely and totally to the ability to write well and with flair. That's the only key to the HSC, really.

Ok, I've only done a semester of Law, so bear with me here. I'd say, though, that my service is hardly 'unfairly competitive with the private sector' when you consider I'm up against tutoring colleges and tutors with actual qualifications. Furthermore, this clause is a little vague. It says 'a local library is not to provide any service, yada, yada', but not necessarily its patrons.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
WHat aobout printing and stuff don't they charge for that in the library?

HeideggerII

HSC
Bump....

p.s. Chris I want your History Extension students Lol.

(See link below).

Deathless

HSC

Are you still tutoring?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)