• Coming soon...a Bored of Studies event for 2020 HSC students
    Watch this space!
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

11 UNITS!? (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
Hey, so I'm in year 10 right now and we in subject selections time. I recently dismissed doing business studies because it scales terrible (saw past results 92 raw scales down to 83). I then changed it to physics. So now I have 3U maths, 2U English, Physics, Chem, Bio, SLR. I was wondering if it was wise to do 3 sciences....

Also, I'v done quite well in maths up till now (consistent top 40 average) so I'm considering doing 4U. If I don't ace 3U in year 11 I probably won't do it so I was also wondering how 11 units works and how it's beneficial or detrimental

shashysha

HSC
For the record I am fairly sure that a 92 raw in business does not scale down to an 83, rather it scales up to ~95. If you're talking about the moderation process for internal/external HSC marks than that is a whole other thing lol

Anyways, at my school if you do 11 units then you basically have a few free periods here and there depending on your timetable which should have been for the extra 1 unit. It's up to your choice whether to do 11 or not, but the main benefits are that it gives a little backup to your 10 units. However, it also means more workload of a unit which may or may not count in the final HSC. In saying that though, I'd recommend giving 11 a try because you can always drop down to 10 if you feel like it doesn't suit you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)