[1105] Data structures? (1 Viewer)

hungry

HSC
I was planning to do this unit in sem 2 but the only other related unit I have done is Info1003 (foundations of IT). I was also planning on doing intro to programming (1103) in sem 2. A few people have told me not to do those together, as 1105 depends on knowledge from 1103. But on the course page for the prereqs, 1003 OR 1103. (and this is only prereq, not even assumed knowledge, which is none).

So for anyone who has done these units, can one manage doing 1103 and 1105 at once? How interdependent are they? My current programming knowledge is just a bit of javascript and jquery; it's definitely not my strong point, but it's something that I simply need to practice more, which I plan on doing over the break.

Silly Sausage

HSC
Definitely do INFO1103 for the mean while since data structures builds more off the stuff you learn in intro to programming.

hungry

HSC
ugh... this is gonna stuff up my unit/course structure haha

Silly Sausage

HSC
You should still talk to more people about it before making a decision though.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
They wouldn't let people who haven't done INFO1103 get into INFO1105 if they thought that the course was beyond their capabilities.

I'd do both.

hungry

HSC
They wouldn't let people who haven't done INFO1103 get into INFO1105 if they thought that the course was beyond their capabilities.

I'd do both.
Well that is true. I think I will do both, since I kind of have to anyway. I'm just nervous since quite a few people have told me not to. :/ But I don't have too much choice.

Silly Sausage

HSC
Why didn't you do INFO1103 first semester?

Anyways the unit coordinator this year is very harsh and the majority of the people enrolled were unable to finish the last two assignments.

hungry

HSC
Why didn't you do INFO1103 first semester?

Anyways the unit coordinator this year is very harsh and the majority of the people enrolled were unable to finish the last two assignments.
Because I wasn't 100% if I wanted to major comp sci (I have an interest in it, but not really any prior knowledge past html and css beforehand). I picked a bunch of other science units, which I came to regret and wish I had at least picked programming as well (I feared it would be too difficult and I wouldn't be able to cope if I picked it initially haha). I guess I'm just gonna have to work really hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)