$16 weekly train/bus/ferry travelpasses. (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Just was at O-week and found out these are available for full time students. Sounds really cheap. This price is for the red section, which is very big anyway. You can pay a bit more and get blue, green and whatever other sections you desire.
I find that I'll spend $16 exactly for my 4 days of uni on travel, and the rest is a bonus for the w/e.
http://www.131500.com.au/travelpass_zones.asp (travelpass zones)
http://www.131500.com.au/fares_travelpass.asp (fares)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hold up...... so for $16 you can use that ticket to to anywhere shown on the map for a whole week?
is it only for uni students?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
BreaKing said:
hold up...... so for $16 you can use that ticket to to anywhere shown on the map for a whole week?
is it only for uni students?
No, its within a limited area cause its the cheapest one. There are others, you buy them according to where you travel. For example, I travel to Richmond for uni, so therefore I buy a purple one, cause it has no limitations of where I can travel - but its $27. Its not only for uni students - anyone can buy them.

Heres a link which shows you where you can travel on each ticket:
http://www.sydneybuses.info/tickets/travelpass.php

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i love my green pass (it's $20, the next one up from red), it takes me pretty much everywhere i need to go

also, they're cheaper if you buy quarterly, half-yearly etc ones... i don't want to incase i lose it :\ but i heard that if you lose it, you pay 10% and you can get another one.

persephone

HSC
the maps and the site are confusing me. but what type of travel pass would I need if i wanted to travel to parramatta to central and then to unsw (kesington/randwick), i was thinking yellow...

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes, yellow for Parramatta to UNSW. This was already discussed in the UNSW thread.

You can't buy perodical TravelPasses (ie. monthly, quaterly or yearly) on concessions, only adult fare, so you'll have to buy them weekly.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
bubz :D said:
i love my green pass (it's $20, the next one up from red), it takes me pretty much everywhere i need to go

also, they're cheaper if you buy quarterly, half-yearly etc ones... i don't want to incase i lose it :\ but i heard that if you lose it, you pay 10% and you can get another one.
i thought that too, but then where is the evidence that you bought one in the first place? o_O

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
theone123 said:
i thought that too, but then where is the evidence that you bought one in the first place? o_O
hmm with the quarterly ones you can't get them at newsagents/convenience stores... you have to get them from those state transit places in the city, i think there's one in cirqular quay. i assume they take down your details incase you lose the card :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, those quarterly/yearly passes are like credit cards, your details are recorded.

Having a travelpass makes you incredibly lazy. For example, I now catch buses from Pitt St to Chinatown for example, or from Town Hall to Star City, rather than walk.

S

Shuter

So one thing, when my old school travel concession pass runs out at the end of this month, does that mean I'll have to start paying student prices instead of child prices?

smallcattle

HSC
Shuter said:
So one thing, when my old school travel concession pass runs out at the end of this month, does that mean I'll have to start paying student prices instead of child prices?
lol.. you not suppose to use that concession anymore since you are no longer in the school stated on that concession card... i dont know if it is against the law or not to use it though...

but anyway yeh.. when the concession card expires you'll have 2 buy the student fare..

Lainee

HSC
smallcattle said:
lol.. you not suppose to use that concession anymore since you are no longer in the school stated on that concession card... i dont know if it is against the law or not to use it though...
:uhhuh: Is is against the law. At the back it says:
Is available to all pupils... who are attending registered day schools in NSW and the ACT.
I've been using it for the past week though, saving myself a couple of bucks. :) Luckily, to get to my high school I need to get off at Central anyway so if anyone asks I'll just say I was in Year 12.

nicksta_40

HSC
so to travel from penshurt to central station, then bus to UNSW, i'd buy a yellow 1? Where do u buy these tickets from?

Lainee

HSC
nicksta_40 said:
so to travel from penshurt to central station, then bus to UNSW, i'd buy a yellow 1? Where do u buy these tickets from?
Er... *checks* Y-yyes. A yellow travelpass. You can get it from any station. Just say 'yellow travelpass' and they'll get it for you.

nicksta_40

HSC
ok cool, so that'd entitle me to travel anywhere in b/w penshurst and where on both bus and train?

Lainee

HSC
Just go to the link originally posted:

http://www.131500.com.au/travelpass_zones.asp

Yellow TravelPass
Gives you unlimited travel on CityRail services in the area bounded by Bondi Junction, Waitara (via North Sydney), Epping (via North Strathfield), Camellia, Parramatta, Chester Hill, Panania, Jannali and Olympic Park stations. Plus unlimited travel on Sydney Buses in the red and green areas – zones 1 to 8 (except north of Narrabeen lagoon) and unlimited travel on all Sydney Ferries, excluding Manly JetCats and premium services.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Lainee said:
:uhhuh: Is is against the law. At the back it says:

I've been using it for the past week though, saving myself a couple of bucks. :) Luckily, to get to my high school I need to get off at Central anyway so if anyone asks I'll just say I was in Year 12.
oops really? im gonna milk the green card for what it's worth. Until march 31 anyway :D

Generator

HSC
N/A
The school pupil concession is only of use for single and return off-peak tickets if you also hold a tertiary student concession... I wouldn't worry too much about milking it for all that it is worth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)