1984 lol help (1 Viewer)

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
wt quotes and points will u guys use if there is a question about hope or humanity?

Haruto_65

HSC
Idk about quotes, you can pretty much adapt the theme of hope and humanity to most quotes from the novel, you just gotta make your analysis specific.

For hope you might need to be specific about what type of hope, like for example for hope:
- Winston's hope to overcome the Party's oppression (can be more detailed depending on the quote, it could include Winston's hesitation during 2 minutes Hate, Winston and Julia's rebellion against Party by initiating a intimate physical relationship, Goldstein's book giving Winston hope by confirming his ideas about the Party etc.)
- You also talk about how hope is diminished by the Party (i.e. Party Room 101 brainwashing individuals by torturing them in order to gain complete compliance towards Big Brother). I think the quote in the ending "He loved Big Brother" is a really good quote, as Winston's hopes have been eradicated as his previous love for Julia has now been replaced by the parties collective love for Big Brother.

Similarly for humanity, be specific. You can prolly write:
- Party eradicating its citizens humanity by oppressing them in many way (i.e. surveillance, isolation, Newspeak word reduction, etc.)
- Individuals like Winston and Julia trying to find their humanity/maintain their humanity by rebelling etc.

Btw for quotes this might: year12help.com.au/welcome/hsc-texts/1984-context/1984-quotes/

Goodluck!

shashysha

HSC
Idk about quotes, you can pretty much adapt the theme of hope and humanity to most quotes from the novel, you just gotta make your analysis specific.

For hope you might need to be specific about what type of hope, like for example for hope:
- Winston's hope to overcome the Party's oppression (can be more detailed depending on the quote, it could include Winston's hesitation during 2 minutes Hate, Winston and Julia's rebellion against Party by initiating a intimate physical relationship, Goldstein's book giving Winston hope by confirming his ideas about the Party etc.)
- You also talk about how hope is diminished by the Party (i.e. Party Room 101 brainwashing individuals by torturing them in order to gain complete compliance towards Big Brother). I think the quote in the ending "He loved Big Brother" is a really good quote, as Winston's hopes have been eradicated as his previous love for Julia has now been replaced by the parties collective love for Big Brother.

- Party eradicating its citizens humanity by oppressing them in many way (i.e. surveillance, isolation, Newspeak word reduction, etc.)
- Individuals like Winston and Julia trying to find their humanity/maintain their humanity by rebelling etc.

Btw for quotes this might: year12help.com.au/welcome/hsc-texts/1984-context/1984-quotes/

Goodluck!
you are god.

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A

Goodluck!
legend!!!! tyy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)