3 STATE RANKS | 99.95 ATAR | MATHS TUTOR (1 Viewer)

KimZheng

HSC
Hi! I’m Kim, I graduated James Ruse in 2019 and am studying a Bachelor of Advanced Science / Doctorate of Medicine at the University of Sydney. I am an experienced tutor, having private tutored for over a year, aswell as having lectured at the Earth Science Olympiad Summer School in 2020 and 2021.

[My Achievements]
HSC Marks:
- English Advanced: 95
- Chemistry: 97 (Ranked 1st internally at James Ruse)
- Physics: 98 (3rd in NSW)
- 3 unit Mathematics: 100 (1st in NSW)
- 4 unit Mathematics: 99 (7th in NSW)

[Student Achievements]
The majority of my students attend top selective schools e.g. James Ruse, Sydney Boys, Baulkham Hills, and many have achieved great things under my tutelage including:
- 1 student entering the Maths and Chemistry Olympiad Summer Schools (placing within the top 24 students in Australia)
- 4 students entering the Earth and Environmental Summer Schools, having started with no knowledge of the subject (placing within the top 24 students in Australia)
- 2 students entering the Earth and Environmental Science International Olympiad (placing within the top 4 in Australia)
- 2 students receiving medicine offers at UWS and UNSW respectively.

[Services]
I tutor mathematics from year 7 to year 12 HSC at my house in West Ryde, or via zoom if required. I am currently only accepting small groups of up to 5 students. This can either be organised by bringing your own peers to form a group directly. Alternatively, you can contact me, and I will place you in a suitable group at a similar level when possible.

Rates depend on class level and class size.

[What sets me apart?]
My tutoring classes are tailored to every student’s needs, such that they are able to improve on their weakest links (there is no point relearning something you’re already confident in!).

I also believe that the memorisation of methods to solve questions is not sufficient, especially in the new syllabus where questions are rarely standard/repeated. Instead, the new syllabus requires students to apply a thorough conceptual understanding of theory to solve non-standard questions, which I am able to provide through explanations and example questions.

Unlike other tutors, I also recognise that understanding is not the only key to succeeding in the HSC, as exam technique and study methods also play a large factor. Personally, from year 11 to 12 I focused much more on these aspects, which resulted in my ranks jumping from the 20s to 1st/2nd. By focusing on these aspects, my students can minimise the marks which are lost to silly mistakes and study smarter as well.

I am available to answer any of your questions on any day of the week (for any subjects) either via email or facebook messenger. I am also very flexible to timing arrangements, as I understand that lessons may have to be cancelled/created depending on your schedule.

Finally, I am not only your tutor for Maths, if you have any spontaneous questions about subject selections/university courses/other subjects that I may have knowledge in, feel free to ask! I am here to help you achieve your goals and to help you excel in all facets of your high school life!

[Contact Details]
Feel free to contact me with any enquiries :)
Email: kimzheng7@gmail.com
Mobile: 0422634368

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)