1st in NSW English Adv | 6 Years Experience Tutoring | Medical Student (1 Viewer)

sharonhu

HSC
* 1st in NSW for English Advanced
* 1st at North Sydney Girls for all English units (Advanced and Extension 1)
* 7 years of HSC English tutoring experience
* WSU medical student
* 99+ ATAR

Hi, I'm Sharon and I've tutored HSC English coming up 7 years, having graduated from North Sydney Girls in 2014. I topped the state in English Advanced (you can check the 2014 Top Achievers list!) and was ranked 1st internally for all units of English I took (Advanced and Extension 1). Since then I've received my Bachelor of Medical Science (Hons) from UNSW and am currently completing my Doctor of Medicine at WSU.

This isn't something I usually do, but in light of the pandemic, I am expanding my intake for outgoing and incoming senior students who study English Advanced, English Extension 1 or English Extension 2. This is a great time to do some final polishing before the HSC in November, or build a strong foundation for next year. All my classes are one-to-one online, and I provide personalised lesson structure, detailed analyses of texts, tips for refining exam technique and lengthy feedback to every student.

As I've tutored since 2015, and of course taken the HSC myself, I have engaged with 3 HSC English syllabus changes. I have extensive experience guiding senior students of all levels and who study a whole range of different texts. My students have come from James Ruse, North Sydney Girls, North Sydney Boys, Baulkham Hills, Hornsby Girls, Girraween, Ryde Secondary, Sydney Grammar, St George Girls, Abbotsleigh, Knox Grammar, St Aloysius and more. Over the years I've also been a speaker at HSC English seminars.

Suffice to say, I've been in the game a long time, and what motivates me is seeing students flourish to their full potential and gain confidence in their skills. I provide a supportive and nurturing environment so that you get there.

As a medical student too, I understand the pressure and process of applying for the course. I am always happy to chat about this with any students who are interested in following the same path.

Spots are limited and will be filled quickly! Please get in touch with me at 0432 656 116 or sharon.hu60@gmail.com if you're interested in chatting further. 🙂

Last edited:

sharonhu

HSC
UPDATES:
  • Half my spots for 2022 are now taken!
  • With the HSC coming up, I am also now offering an essay marking service for $40 per mark per piece. This includes extensive editing and feedback with the opportunity to ask follow up questions for clarity. Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message. :)

Last edited:

sharonhu

HSC
UPDATE:
  • 75% of my spots for 2022 are now full!

sharonhu

HSC
UPDATE:
  • My intake is now 100% full, but a waiting list is in place for 2023 (or should spots open up sooner).

yao_jahang

HSC
Hey Sharon. I am in Yr 10, approaching Yr 11 next year and am interested in undertaking tutoring for English advanced. Are you still offering spots for 2022 English? If not, can I please be added to the waitlist for 2023.

Thx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)