2 Exams in one day, what do I do? (1 Viewer)

TehFlyaar

HSC
I have two exams in one day next week (Physics and Construction VET)
Physics is from 9:25 - 12:30
Construction is from 1:55 - 4:00
What should I do in terms of stress and studying in the break I have after Physics before construction? I have 6 days from today and I will spend most of my time studying Physics as Construction isn't too hard.
Should I study, or let my mind relax from what I think will be a killer of a Physics exam this year.
Any thoughts? :smile:

vitamin D

HSC
i wouldnt study in between times, maybe jut breeze through some notes at max.. youll be burnt from phys.

keepLooking

HSC
It will depend on your condition after Physics. I would definitely do some light study.

lpodtouch

HSC
I have two exams in one day next week (Physics and Construction VET)
Physics is from 9:25 - 12:30
Construction is from 1:55 - 4:00
What should I do in terms of stress and studying in the break I have after Physics before construction? I have 6 days from today and I will spend most of my time studying Physics as Construction isn't too hard.
Should I study, or let my mind relax from what I think will be a killer of a Physics exam this year.
Any thoughts? :smile:
I'm in the same situation with Modern + Maths Ext. During that time period, I'd probably just do a few practice questions and try to relax a little between exams.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Just skim through some notes with friends and grab something to eat and drink (preferably a light meal with water) because it's going to be a long day

Get a good nights sleep as well

astroman

HSC
I had IPT and engineering the same day, I was tired after IPT and had about 50 minutes break in between. I just skimmed my notes and ate some food. Also go pee.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Go for a short walk, eat something and maybe do a few practice multiple choice to help you enter the "exam" zone.

You'll probably be exhausted as I found when I did a 3 hour exam, then another 3 hour exam for trials last year.

mkristie

HSC
This happened to me first day of exams (English and Japanese Beginners), and it wasn't too bad. Just relax, make sure you eat something, drink water, go bathroom etc etc. If you need to, take energy pills (no doz) because a 3 hour exam will probably tire you out (I did this after english and it helped me stay awake and focused for my afternoon exam). As for studying, don't do anything too intense. Just read over your notes or go through practice questions to get your mind off physics. Also, as soon as you're done with physics (even if the exam was a killer and you're really upset) just put it behind you. Don't discuss it with anyone or think about how you went... you can do that after you've finished both exams.

Smile12345

HSC
A positive mindset to do well in both is very important. A few days previous, you can have your notes summarised down with key points/similar. Have plenty of sleep the night before, and on the day, have a clear mind. Don't try to cram information in between, as this may lead you to 'stuff up' the second one.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)