2001 Raw/Aligned Marks (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
For anyone who is interested - a raw mark of 34/50 on the 2001 HSC English Extension 1 paper was aligned to a mark of 45/50. It was the band E3/E4 cutoff mark.

thewingman

thats pretty amazing! so .. correct me if I am incorrect... there is no band 5 and 6 in hsc ext1 english ??

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
There's no band 5 or 6 in any extension course... the extension bands are E1, E2, E3 and E4.

miss_bloom

yes yes YES! (in the style of that irritating herbal essences shampoo woman)

there is a god :)

ive been so afraid that my low low marks in ext1 will pull my overall score down but i guess it wont be too bad if similar alignment of marks occurs this year but i think there has been an increase in the number of people doing ext1 this year so maybe the scaling wont be so much

gonzalina

really? i do better in ext english than i do in advanced... most people i know at my school do... when you consider that im ranked (from half yearlies) 40/47, yet in advancedi was like 107/118!!!! hehehe... and im getting better marks in ext...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I went much better in the extension english courses last year than in the advanced course.

Personally I despised the advanced course modules (area of study was okay).

gonzalina

yeah, i like post-modernism better than the advanced things... i was silly to choose to do emma/clueless... i should have done bladerunner and (mental brainblock) u know what i mean! it's so much easier to talk about complex things, than simple ones... the teachers all said bladerunner was better to do, but they never said - it will be easier because its harder! argh...not that i dont love clueless, and generally like jane austen! esp pride and prejudice...yep yep yep!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)