2003 HSC Exam Paper *INSIDE* (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
2003 HSC Exam Paper INSIDE - OFFICIAL discussion thread

Hey guys, I finished 20 minutes early, and they let me take the exam paper home.

I'll get this exam paper up onto the Internet before the exam even finishes (officially), LOL! :p :D

I finished at 4:35pm or thereabuts and just give me a minute to catch my breath. (Estimated 95-96%)

PS: Damn that Question 16 and Question 19!
(Sampling/graph, 001 010 011 business and the schema primary/foreign key multiple choice. I'm looking at 18-19 out of 20).

One moment for taking pictures and uploading. :)

You can find the paper here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclohexanol

answers

well think of binary at two its 2, at 3 its 4 and at 4 its 1

therefore its 2 4 1 which is... 010 then 100 then 001

thus B ) 010 100 001

19 is C
the primary keys are the ones in students and subjects cause the question... and the only ones NEEDED are stu_ID and sujB_No

foreighn keys are primary at other tables.. thus Stu_id and Subj_No in ENROL.. thus C

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Cyclohexanol
therefore its 2 4 1 which is... 010 then 100 then 001

thus B ) 010 100 001

19 is C
the primary keys are the ones in students and subjects cause the question... and the only ones NEEDED are stu_ID and sujB_No

foreighn keys are primary at other tables.. thus Stu_id and Subj_No in ENROL.. thus C
For 16, I put C.

I figure:

At 2, it's at 2.
All multiple choice answers began with 010.

At 3, it's at 4.
At 4, it's at 1.

So after 3 seconds, it's at the highest, therefore 011.
This leaves A and C as possible answers.

However, after 4 seconds, it is at 1, so I chose 001.
LOL it's my logic.

Answer, for me: C, 010 011 001

A had: 010 011 100
I didn't think you'd have the "100" at the end, representing the lowest height (at 1), so I picked 001 instead.

For 19, I put A.

I looked at it for about 5-6 minutes, trying to figure it out.

In the end I had:

Primary keys: ENROL.Stu_ID and ENROL.Subj_No
Foreign keys: STUDENT.Stu_ID and SUBJECT.Subj_No.

(I haven't had time to check the answers, but I had a good 15 minutes for 2 multiple choice questions, 16 and 19. LOL!!)

I'll figure them out (properly) later, later tonight.

:)

Maul

Bleh I need to write faster. I would of lost 20 marks due to not having time to attempt questions. But I am fairly confident with my answers.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Maul
Bleh I need to write faster. I would of lost 20 marks due to not having time to attempt questions. But I am fairly confident with my answers.
For my trials, I didn't even finish my paper and ended up with 80%

I lost about 8-12 marks in the last Option Topic (Multimedia, Question 28) because I didn't have any time. I was "crapping on" so hard for each question, trying to squeeze every last mark out of my answer - BAD MOVE.

I wasted so much time.

As you can see in my ZIP file above, I've got times and projected finishing times all over it, because I kept looking at my watch, looking around to see how many booklets/questions are left to fill out.

I ended up writing 8 booklets, for the 6 questions (Q21-24, Q25 TPS and Q28 Multimedia).

Thankfully, I wrote at blazing speed (somehow) and finished with a quarter of an hour to 20 minutes before the exam.

I asked to leave, and they told me to take the paper with me. LOL

I'm pretty confident too, maybe a little overconfident, but 90-95%+ raw exam mark is achievable, if not impossible (the questions weren't hard, you just had to write SO MUCH on each to maximise marks)

Cyclohexanol

well i know im was right for B as 16 and C as 19 because i could explain mine better...

yeah well our trials sucked i got 2nd with 65% and the best got 75% and our average mark was 25%... OUR TEACHER WAS A KNOB... but i did way better in the trials than in that test as i didnt get bored and in the trials i didnt see any answer of mine wrong.. its just the markers never gave anyone full marks

hazza

omg that was the easiest fucking ipt exam i have ever done in my fucking life !!

how could u run out of time in that exam jebus! the option topics were a joke as well, the answers where in the fucking scenarios ffs !!

james_86

in the 6 mrk questions for the options, did u define what the processes are aswell as relate, or just relate to the scenario

asymptote03

HSC
N/A
i think the exam was quiet general/....n in a sense crap.....i expected some better questions....not all those 3 mark questions....i hope...i get a raw mark above 80................n multi choice i hope i get around 18-19 out of 20.....for the 2 options i had 1 hr left....n i kind of rushed.......i had planned that id spend around 40 min on each option while section 2 took around....1 hour and 40 minutes..........

who else didnt like the questions??

i think catholic trial was better and required more indepth knowledge!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hazza
relate to the question which practically defined it anyway.

didnt ask to define anyway
Yeah, I just had the straight answer, using the example/scenario in the answer itself.

E.g. Storing/Retrieving: Anna uses CD-ROMs to store her portfolio... blah blah, linking to the scenario and identifying the component.

Originally posted by asymptote03
i think the exam was quiet general/....n in a sense crap.....i expected some better questions....not all those 3 mark questions....i hope...i get a raw mark above 80................n multi choice i hope i get around 18-19 out of 20.....for the 2 options i had 1 hr left....n i kind of rushed.......i had planned that id spend around 40 min on each option while section 2 took around....1 hour and 40 minutes..........
I spaced myself with what EXCEL IPT guides you with.

Section I - 35 minutes
Section II - 70 minutes
Section III - 70 minutes.

I ended up doing something like:

Section I - 10 minutes
Section II - 1 hour, 15 minutes
Section III - 1 hour, 15 minutes

Last edited:

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
haha yeh i stumbled on those 2 retarded multi choice questions too

who did which options?

SchizM

Yeah i wrote 9 booklets all up....it was different to the trial cos it was all about those damn processes...so i had to bullshit like never before. But yeah all up i think i went ok.

hazza

yeah bingo

i spent 20 mins on multis then hour and 40 on section two and an hour on the 3rd section

first time ive ever been in the exam room for the whole time

asymptote03

HSC
N/A
yeah bingo

i spent 20 mins on multis then hour and 40 on section two and an hour on the 3rd section

oh....u spent exactly the same time as me...

djnod

what did people put for question 20?
i saw two answers which could be correct
i ended up going for b
wot did everyone else put?

M

mushi

i got b for 16..and a for 19

i hope im right :p

what about question 2 guys? i was thinking b or c...but i but down c eventually..but i think im wrong :(

and how about q6? a or b?

Russkie

it was to repetitive they asked you to describe pretty much what the terms purpose, data/informaion etc... mean in both of the option topics, just let us relate it to the dam scenerio instead of explaining what they mean again dam it

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tonberry_kun
who did which options?
Question 25 - TPS
Question 28 - Multimedia
first time ive ever been in the exam room for the whole time
Me too!!! *high 5*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)