2005 Society and Culture Exam Paper (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

Congrats on completing the Society and Culture "journey"... :D

Did anyone happen to keep the exam paper and be so kind as to post it up?? I'll make it a sticky :rolleyes:

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Mine has writing and lines and circles and ticks everywhere - so it isn't a good one to scan. Although, unless anyone is willing to scan theres - the questions were:

Section I (continued)

Part B - 12 marks

Question 4
(12 marks)

(a) With reference to a country you have studied, identify and describe ONE technique that can be used for developing predictions for the future. (3 marks)

(b) Using the technique described in part (a), predict a likely future for your country of study. (9 marks)

Section II - Depth Studies

40 marks

Question 5 - Popular Culture
(20 marks)

(a) Assess how distinguishing characteristics of popular culture contribute to social change.

OR

(b) Explain the influence of business, marketing and/or advertising on the development of ONE popular culture.

Question 6 - Belief System (20 marks)

(a) Assess the importance of ritual and ideology in belief systems for persons and societies.

OR

(b)Explain the nature and role of power and gender within ONE belief system.

Question 7 - Equality and Difference (20 marks)

(a) Assess the impact of inequality and its consequences within Australian society.

OR

(b) Explain how power and authority influences the nature of commonality and difference in ONE society.

In your answer, refer to at least ONE of the following:

• 'Race' or ethnicity

• Social class

• Disability

• Sexuality

• Health

• Religion and belief systems

Question 8 - Work and Leisure (20 marks)

(a) Assess the influence of social class and education on work and leisure.

OR

(b) Explain the impact of technology on continuities and changes in work and leisure in ONE society.

JayBMc

HSC
Did the "technique" in question 4 a...mean methodology....what methodology did you all use!!!

Nadia-Jane

HSC
for the future question i did studying the past..like looking at past trends and what not.

lol does anyone know if this is correct or incorrect? i know its not the official term but i wonder if i will get the marks anyway..

mishka

HSC
N/A
thanks for that... I'll have a proper look at it when I finish my last uni exam today :D

freaked

HSC
Sounds like I did the same thing as you Nadia-Jane, I looked at the past to predict the future.

If anyone has the questions for the first section could they please post them, I was confused about what one of them was asking for, but I only remember part of the question so it wouldn't make sense if I asked it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)