2006 critical responders! (1 Viewer)

Porcia

HSC
well now that we're doing it now and yeah, so who plans to do a critical response for this upcoming HSC! I am and i'm quite looking forward to it, and yeah! so anyone else out there?

tasco

yeah it was sarcasm lol

Looking to finish it asap though....dont want it to be a resource hog.

what are you doing yours on?

Porcia

HSC
i only have a very vague idea at this stage but i hope to come up with the idea soon enough and like you, finish it asap cause im doing some other subjects which require alot of attention

Porcia

HSC
fashionislove said:
my topic isn't certain but i have an idea of what i would like it to revolve around.
let me guess... fashion?

boheme789

HSC
Yep I'm doing a critical response as well... thinking very broadly at the moment though I do know what my eventual aim is. Wish me luck!

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
hehe fashionislove, your chances of actually finishing it before the due date are close to none, you'll become a perfectionist and hate yourself. Welcome to EE2.

j-mo

HSC
I'm in. Well, 90% sure it's going to be a critical response...

What's everyone leaning towards? Critiques? Historical periods? 'Aspect of language' (no idea what on earth they meant by that one)?

Edit: Also, does anyone know if the Showcases stickied on the main page are exemplars, or have they just been submitted by various forum-goers?

Last edited:

Porcia

HSC
j-mo said:

What's everyone leaning towards? Critiques? Historical periods? 'Aspect of language' (no idea what on earth they meant by that one)?

Edit: Also, does anyone know if the Showcases stickied on the main page are exemplars, or have they just been submitted by various forum-goers?
yeah critique fo sho ma nizzle... lol,

boheme789

HSC
j-mo said:

Easy... definitely a critique. Do you think it's true that by the end of it I'll come to hate all my previous, academically-associated loves, ie sighing contemplatively about the state of society? ;)

J

jhakka

j-mo said:
The Showcase sticky in the main EE2 forum is for any forum goer. Posted works have not necessarily made it to the official Showcase.

Last edited by a moderator:

duggoh

Adam
HSC
I had my first extension class today... i was sort of leaning more towards short story originally, but critical response seems so interesting!

I know what i'm doing mine on (not exactly, but like yeah =P)

It's a novel which was transformed into a piece of modern literature and then transformed into a film.

smoke_o_clock

HSC
yeh go the critical response...definately the way to go!
yeh had my first class on monday...love staying at school til 5!

catta*

HSC
count me in too!

critical response- probably leaning towards a historical period....

sleepless nights... here i come

j-mo

HSC
I'm looking at critique too, so sounds as if we're (almost) all in the same boat.

Thanks jhakka :)
Anyone know where we can find the official showcase? I can't find it anywhere on the BoS site.

It looks like the toughest part is going to be tying it in to 3U... well, good luck to everyone.

Congrats on picking, duggoh. Anyone else picked yet? I've got a fair idea, but it needs work.

How many of you have had your first Ext2 lesson? We start on Tuesday..

Vodoo Child

HSC
Hey everyone!

This is my first time using the site... What is everyone doing for their ee2 major work? Have u started researching yet??

I am thinking of looking at the portrayal of female characters in literature in a certain period of time..not sure what period yet...any feedback

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
j-mo said:
I'm looking at critique too, so sounds as if we're (almost) all in the same boat.

Thanks jhakka :)
Anyone know where we can find the official showcase? I can't find it anywhere on the BoS site.

It looks like the toughest part is going to be tying it in to 3U... well, good luck to everyone.

Congrats on picking, duggoh. Anyone else picked yet? I've got a fair idea, but it needs work.

How many of you have had your first Ext2 lesson? We start on Tuesday..
actually, i think linking to 3u is fairly easy. Although it may be slightly different for Critical responders, you can always say how ee1 influenced you rather than the ideas/ motifs. For example, the study of genre has allowed you to gain a deeper understanding of texts, which you applied to your critical response perhaps?

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
you called for me? =p

im kind of deciding between critical and short story.. and at the moment, im leaning towards the critique.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)