2012 Solutions -- Terry Lee (1 Viewer)

Artemkin

HSC
"x is the displacement"
"When is the displacement of the particle zero"
hence x=0
+1

I lost a mark on the bloody binomial question. Didn't account for n having to be an integer. :(
Reckon for 13c)ii) they'll accept an answer that's in km/hr rather than km/min?

manscux

HSC
But i got terry lees answer i.e. 1.51 seconds but i used 5 .... could both methods work

actually kenkap.... i dont think that is right (i may be wrong).... x = 0 is a value on the number line

draw the number line and you will see that x=0 is in fact one of the extreme positions of the particle (max negative amplitude)

i think it is x=5

wilsondw

HSC
Do you guys reckon that they will give you 1 mark for the 2nd part of the probability question even though you got the first part wrong but u still managed to still use the correct binomial probablity form?

ahdil33

HSC
The equation gave you the displacement of x. The particle was at the origin. therefore, x= 0.

Fairly pleased.

Kieran95

HSC
Do you guys reckon that they will give you 1 mark for the 2nd part of the probability question even though you got the first part wrong but u still managed to still use the correct binomial probablity form?
You should get both marks i think, considering its correct from previous answer

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
I hope so man, i also got 1st part wrong
Hopefully we will get carry error

VJ30

HSC
does anyone have an idea what 56/70 will align to???

NickGero

HSC
For the displacement question, I subbed x = 0 into the displacement formula and the acceleration (x) formula and then formed two simultaneous equations with a and x and because of an algebra error it enabled me to solve the question and get an answer, despite having taken a very wrong method. Anyone wanna venture if I got any marks. I think its ridiculous they didn't say to 1d.p or 2 d.p, because it gives the impression of a neat answer.

If I get no marks for that, its 65/70, would be very happy if that can turn into 66 with a mark for this. Or possibly if I get 2/3 for the 3d trig question for having found multiple equations.

nucgaek

HSC
For the displacement question, I subbed x = 0 into the displacement formula and the acceleration (x) formula and then formed two simultaneous equations with a and x and because of an algebra error it enabled me to solve the question and get an answer, despite having taken a very wrong method. Anyone wanna venture if I got any marks. I think its ridiculous they didn't say to 1d.p or 2 d.p, because it gives the impression of a neat answer.

If I get no marks for that, its 65/70, would be very happy if that can turn into 66 with a mark for this. Or possibly if I get 2/3 for the 3d trig question for having found multiple equations.
Pretty sure you'll get 0... they can read for a BS answer and they'll give you 0 unless you were on the right track

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Yeah u will
It called a "carry over". They cant penalise u twice for the same mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)