2013 NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Inspired by Brent02's suggestion, are there any BoS NFL fans out there who are following the draft? What are your thoughts on this years class and do you have any thoughts on who the teams will pick?

To be honest, I think this years draft class isnt that strong at all - there isnt any real stars. Although that being said, I agree with John Elway in that the class does have more depth as opposed to top end star power. I think Luke Joeckel will go first overall - Kansas City will probably trade Brandon Albert to make way for him.

As for Indy, I'm hoping that we can get Chance Warmack, but I highly doubt whether he will be available at pick 24. I think he would be great for Indy - we need some help at OG because we got killed by the interior pass rush last season. Alternatively, I wouldnt mind if they went with a Wide Receiver like Robert Woods out of USC - Reggie Wayne isnt going to be around much longer and Andrew Luck needs some playmakers.

enoilgam

HSC
To convey the sincerity of my jest, look what I'm researching: http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/beginnersguidetofootball
I'll give you a good definition.

NFL Draft: A place where unproven amateur players from college are selected by pro teams and paid tens of millions of dollars despite having never played a game in the NFL. I swear it's totally outrageous, but it's part of the entertaining circus that is the NFL

UpAndAtThem

HSC
Let me help you out and move a couple tumbleweeds...
Jets will have to go after a new CB after releasing Revis, Patriots need a tall, "down field" receiver somebody like Moss.
I agree that this isn't a great draft class. Joeckel will definitely go number 1, but Warmack will be picked up way before 24.

enoilgam

HSC
Let me help you out and move a couple tumbleweeds...
Jets will have to go after a new CB after releasing Revis, Patriots need a tall, "down field" receiver somebody like Moss.
I agree that this isn't a great draft class. Joeckel will definitely go number 1, but Warmack will be picked up way before 24.
Who do you think will go first in terms of Quarterbacks? Geno Smith looks likely to be first, but I'm not sold on him at all. I think he is a system QB pretty much - he played in the spread at Virginia Tech and almost exclusively out of the shotgun. I mean, his numbers are great but so were Andre Ware's and David Klingler's and look at how they turned out. Dont get me wrong though, I think he could make a good NFL QB, but he is definitely a project type pick and not worthy of a first round pick or that much money.

cheepy5

HSC
I can never really follow the draft, love the free agency at the end of seasons more haha.

Arizona needs another rookie QB, last three seasons since Warner left we've been screwed in the QB department. We traded someone for Carson Palmer but I dont have high hopes for him. I dont think theres an RGIII lying around in the draft haha

enoilgam

HSC
I can never really follow the draft, love the free agency at the end of seasons more haha.

Arizona needs another rookie QB, last three seasons since Warner left we've been screwed in the QB department. We traded someone for Carson Palmer but I dont have high hopes for him. I dont think theres an RGIII lying around in the draft haha
I loved Kurt Warner - definitely hoping he makes the Hall of Fame. I dont know what it is with Carson Palmer, I mean, I think he is definitely a franchise QB but he just doesnt seem...interested.

cheepy5

HSC
I loved Kurt Warner - definitely hoping he makes the Hall of Fame. I dont know what it is with Carson Palmer, I mean, I think he is definitely a franchise QB but he just doesnt seem...interested.
Same Kurt was great, shame he never one a superbowl though but he should make it in to the Hall of Fame ... he was so underrated for a while.

Yeah not really sure how he will go in the team, as long as he can throw it to Fitzgerald we should be good haha

With the budget cap the Ravens are so screwed, Falco is so overrated I believe, is he really worth the 100mil contract ? Sure the Ravens won the superbowl but thats probably because they had one of the best defense in the NFL ... now they've released so many people and will probably have to get rookies to replace them.

enoilgam

HSC
Same Kurt was great, shame he never one a superbowl though but he should make it in to the Hall of Fame ... he was so underrated for a while.

Yeah not really sure how he will go in the team, as long as he can throw it to Fitzgerald we should be good haha

With the budget cap the Ravens are so screwed, Falco is so overrated I believe, is he really worth the 100mil contract ? Sure the Ravens won the superbowl but thats probably because they had one of the best defense in the NFL ... now they've released so many people and will probably have to get rookies to replace them.
Kurt won a Superbowl with the Rams back in 1999 (much love for the greatest show on turf). His story is so great though, from bagging groceries to NFL MVP and Superbowl MVP.

I think the Cardinals can definitely go places, they have a decent coach at the moment I think and they have some talent floating around (obviously Fitzgerald being the main guy).

Flacco is overrated, but for some reason Americans seem so fixated on winning they ignore everything else. Like, if Dan Marino had a Superbowl ring or two he would be viewed so much differently. Football is a team sport - there 11 starters on offence and defence, I dont see why they treat a player without a title so much differently. I think the Ravens will rebuild, they are a winning franchise. But the Flacco deal is going to handicap them - dont get me wrong, he is a good QB, but not great and not elite.

cheepy5

HSC
Kurt won a Superbowl with the Rams back in 1999 (much love for the greatest show on turf). His story is so great though, from bagging groceries to NFL MVP and Superbowl MVP.

I think the Cardinals can definitely go places, they have a decent coach at the moment I think and they have some talent floating around (obviously Fitzgerald being the main guy).

Flacco is overrated, but for some reason Americans seem so fixated on winning they ignore everything else. Like, if Dan Marino had a Superbowl ring or two he would be viewed so much differently. Football is a team sport - there 11 starters on offence and defence, I dont see why they treat a player without a title so much differently. I think the Ravens will rebuild, they are a winning franchise. But the Flacco deal is going to handicap them - dont get me wrong, he is a good QB, but not great and not elite.
HAHA I always forget about his time at the Rams, i though he took them to the superbowl but lost haha. Yeah I love his story as well !

I'm hoping they can but NFC west has turned from probably one of the worst divisions in to one of the most competitive with the 49ners and now the seahawkes making up a decent team for this season. Suppose anything could happen this season.

Yes thats so true. Yeah the Ravens will definitely rebuild but it will probablytake a couple of seasons. Imgagine if Falco got the Madden curse or badly injured that would be a massive blow to the team.

Shame about the colts though since losing Peyton they just dont seem to be the same team they once were.

enoilgam

HSC
I'm hoping they can but NFC west has turned from probably one of the worst divisions in to one of the most competitive with the 49ners and now the seahawkes making up a decent team for this season. Suppose anything could happen this season.
The NFC West has turned around a bit in recent years (understatement), but you never know really. The 49ers are the dominant team there, but there are always Wildcards.

Shame about the colts though since losing Peyton they just dont seem to be the same team they once were.
I am only just getting over this, I was furious at them for releasing him - especially considering he could still play and all that he has done for them (honestly, they were the joke of the NFL for 20 years before him). But I dont know, over the years they have dumped many players I liked and thought were great (Edgerrin James being the main one), but they always seem to come out on top. Hopefully Andrew Luck grows into a great quarterback and we can still be a competitive team.

cheepy5

HSC
I am only just getting over this, I was furious at them for releasing him - especially considering he could still play and all that he has done for them (honestly, they were the joke of the NFL for 20 years before him). But I dont know, over the years they have dumped many players I liked and thought were great (Edgerrin James being the main one), but they always seem to come out on top. Hopefully Andrew Luck grows into a great quarterback and we can still be a competitive team.
Man I would be too, releasing one of the best QBs of all time and he basically built such a great offensive team that worked together so well with him.
Yeah good old James to bad he didnt really do anything at Arizona.
Hope so, the colts shouldn't be 2-14 like 2011

enoilgam

HSC
Man I would be too, releasing one of the best QBs of all time and he basically built such a great offensive team that worked together so well with him.
Yeah good old James to bad he didnt really do anything at Arizona.
Hope so, the colts shouldn't be 2-14 like 2011
The glory days when the Colts had Manning, James, Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Saturday and Glenn on Offence and Sanders, Brackett, Freeney and Mathis on Defence - what a freaking team. Nowadays nearly all of those guys are gone - all that's left is Wayne and Mathis and Wayne is hitting 34 so he isnt going to be around much longer. But they always have managed to replace well.

I think this is going to be an interesting draft, some surprise moves may be in order. Rumours are circulating that the Chiefs might be looking to trade the top pick. All things being considered, I think KC have the right idea. Ultimately, the only prospects worth taking at number 1 are OTs and KC have a decent OT in Brandon Albert. If I were them, I'd be looking to trade for 2 first round picks, this year and next year and maybe a solid established player in a position of need.

cheepy5

HSC
The glory days when the Colts had Manning, James, Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Saturday and Glenn on Offence and Sanders, Brackett, Freeney and Mathis on Defence - what a freaking team. Nowadays nearly all of those guys are gone - all that's left is Wayne and Mathis and Wayne is hitting 34 so he isnt going to be around much longer. But they always have managed to replace well.

I think this is going to be an interesting draft, some surprise moves may be in order. Rumours are circulating that the Chiefs might be looking to trade the top pick. All things being considered, I think KC have the right idea. Ultimately, the only prospects worth taking at number 1 are OTs and KC have a decent OT in Brandon Albert. If I were them, I'd be looking to trade for 2 first round picks, this year and next year and maybe a solid established player in a position of need.
Your right it is an interesting draft so far, looks like KC kept their top pick.

enoilgam

HSC
Eric Fisher went first overall which is slightly surprising, although there was some speculation about late yesterday. I'm surprised the Cleveland made such a bold move to grab Tavon Austin - I mean, is he that good?

I wouldnt mind if Indy land Manti Te'o since Chance Warmack is gone, we dont desperately need an Inside Linebacker, but I think he could be great for the team. I dont know why he isnt considered to be a top end prospect.

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Big surprise with the Bills taking E.J. Emanual. I think it's a pretty dumb decision - way too much of a risk to take the guy in the first round and pay him first round money. He is largely unproven.

I'm pretty happy with how Indy did though by picking Björn Werner - they needed a new DE with Freeney leaving and I think it was good going with a proven unanimous All-American.

UpAndAtThem

HSC
Eric Fisher went first overall which is slightly surprising, although there was some speculation about late yesterday. I'm surprised the Cleveland made such a bold move to grab Tavon Austin - I mean, is he that good?

I wouldnt mind if Indy land Manti Te'o since Chance Warmack is gone, we dont desperately need an Inside Linebacker, but I think he could be great for the team. I dont know why he isnt considered to be a top end prospect.
Tavon Austin went to St Louis, They needed a WR after Amendola went to the patriots and yes he really is that good.

Minnesota did the best in todays draft picking Rhodes (to replace winfield) and Sharrif Floyd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)