2013 Paper worked solutions (1 Viewer)

dlaz

HSC
Hey guys,

I just finished working on the answers for all questions for my students and thought I'd share it with everyone. Hopefully no typos.

Enjoy and good luck with next exams :)

Attachments

Last edited:

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Hey guys,

I just finished working on the answers for all questions for my students and thought I'd share it with everyone. Hopefully no typos.

Enjoy and good luck with next exams :)
you made a silly mistake on 11.b) it should be 3 not 2.5

also in 15.b) x^2 = (2 - sqrt(y))^2
you should have taken both the positive and negative roots when you square rooted it at the start and then subbed values to see that only the negative square root is valid. for example, sub (0,4) into the equation in terms of x^2

dlaz

HSC
Thanks for noticing, I will update the pdf :)

you made a silly mistake on 11.b) it should be 3 not 2.5

also in 15.b) x^2 = (2 - sqrt(y))^2
you should have taken both the positive and negative roots when you square rooted it at the start and then subbed values to see that only the negative square root is valid. for example, sub (0,4) into the equation in terms of x^2

puneetnanda

HSC
I do not agree with your solutions for question 12 c and 15cii.
for question 12c:
the question states that kim's annual salary in the FIRST year is $30 000 and increases by 5% each SUBSEQUENT year and similarly for alex his annual salary in the FIRST year is $33000 and increase by $1500 each SUBSEQUENT year therefore KIM'S real salary in the 10th year is
30000(1.05)^9 since in the 1st year there is no income rise in the second year there is a rise in income of 1.05* that of the previous year and so on until the nth year where there will be an income of 30000(1.05)^(n-1). Therefore similarly for Alex his salary in the 10th year would be
33000(1500*9)
For question 15 cii)
the answer should be m<-2 and m>2 since this means there is one intercept on the left branch but no intercept on the right (- branch)but also m=2/3
the greater the abs(value for m) the steeper the curve. Also ur solution of m being between -2 and 2 only and not outside these limits is incorrect since if you sub in m=-6 then you only have 1 real solution therefore m<-2 also m is not between these two values since if you sub in m=0 then of course you will have two solutions.
Also for question 16a)
an alternative approach is equating 4x-3 with 5(the gradient of the line) to find the x intercept where the line is a tangent and then solving for c.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Being generous to myself, I got 50%.
Band 3, here I come.

I don't think my rank will save me either...

aceer

HSC
yay should get around 83 raw if these solutions are correct, thank fuck

aceer

HSC
considering you don't know the difference between 'there' and 'their', I doubt you would remember much about anything

SuperMike96

HSC
considering you don't know the difference between 'there' and 'their', I doubt you would remember much about anything
You don't need to be so condescending. Maybe if you stopped being a keyboard warrior you would realise the fundamental flaws of your own comment. Next time you insult someone over a grammatical error remember to include a full stop. Maybe a capital for the first letter of a sentence? You cannot maintain any form dominance when acting so hypocritically.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
You don't need to be so condescending. Maybe if you stopped being a keyboard warrior you would realise the fundamental flaws of your own comment. Next time you insult someone over a grammatical error remember to include a full stop. Maybe a capital for the first letter of a sentence? You cannot maintain any form dominance when acting so hypocritically.
Another Gremmer Nazi down, well done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)