2017 HSC piano ideas please help!!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
I need some suggestions of some beautiful piano songs to learn for my hsc next year! I really love pretty, technical pieces like songs by Ludovico Einaudi if anyone has heard his pieces, but I need some more ideas please help! Around grade 6/7/8 :tongue:

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I need some suggestions of some beautiful piano songs to learn for my hsc next year! I really love pretty, technical pieces like songs by Ludovico Einaudi if anyone has heard his pieces, but I need some more ideas please help! Around grade 6/7/8 :tongue:
If you're doing music 2 or extension, anything under grade 7 is insufficient. Would these be for your core, elective, or extension?

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
For Core you're going to need a piece written in the last 25 years. I am doing a piece called "One Winged Angel" from Final Fanatsy Piano Collections. If you're into that style of music, you can have a listen to animenzzz's stuff on YouTube. I can get more suggestions for you when I get home later today. As for elective, what category/topic are you choosing?

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Hey! I recently found a piece of the last 25 years by Elena Kats-Chernin and it's called "Russian Rag". I think it's like AmusA level but it's not that tricky. You should check it out.

She has heaps of stuff you could play. In addition you could check out people like Ian Munro & Sonny Chua. All the best!!!

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey! I recently found a piece of the last 25 years by Elena Kats-Chernin and it's called "Russian Rag". I think it's like AmusA level but it's not that tricky. You should check it out.

She has heaps of stuff you could play. In addition you could check out people like Ian Munro & Sonny Chua. All the best!!!
I played Russian Rag for Australian Music for Music 2. Easier to learn for technical side but requires a lot of effort to be expressive for that piece. There aren't too many good recordings out there either, so maybe get a teacher or tutor to help you out. Or buy CD recordings.

blackbird_14

HSC
Russian Rag is a very popular choice- so if you do play that piece- it does sound good- but the examiners will know if you stuff up.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Russian Rag is a very popular choice- so if you do play that piece- it does sound good- but the examiners will know if you stuff up.
Haha yeah, probably because elena kats-chernin is one of the only Australian composers of the last 25 years who has made music that doesn't sound like noise... (no-offense?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)