HSC
Thoughts on these subjects:
Eng Advanced
Chemistry
Physics
Business Studies
Maths Extension 1
SOR 1

I'm stuck on deciding whether I should do Maths Advanced + Economics, OR Maths Extension 1 + SOR 1. I'm aiming for a 95 plus ATAR. I did alright on Advanced Maths last year (averaged 75%). How hard is 3U maths?
Haha..... Permutations & Combinations are most of 3U kids fat enemy.

Despite saying this, do Maths Extension 1.
You would always want to maximise your opportunity. It is better to do too much than not enough because then you can cut down. You also don't need Maths Extension 1 to aim for 95+ ATAR.

But be careful. Spend time doing Maths Advanced and Extension equally. If not, study Advanced a bit more - because your foundations need to be strong. Also, make sure you don't get confused which content is which, especially in exams haha~

Good luck!

PhatBulk

HSC
Heyo!

I'm doing Ext 1 Maths, Adv English, SDD, Economics, Business Studies, and SOR 1u

Wanted to do legal instead of SDD but I guessed it classed with Economics so had to choose one over the other.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Heyo!

I'm doing Ext 1 Maths, Adv English, SDD, Economics, Business Studies, and SOR 1u

Wanted to do legal instead of SDD but I guessed it classed with Economics so had to choose one over the other.
Hi there. I'm doing the subjects that my signature says down the bottom. Good to have another SDD kiddo on here, haven't seen a lot of em.

PhatBulk

HSC
Hi there. I'm doing the subjects that my signature says down the bottom. Good to have another SDD kiddo on here, haven't seen a lot of em.
Nice, I literally do not even know what I'm doing in SDD but i guess that makes it fun?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
SDD was my favourite Hsc subject tbh.

foxxraven

HSC
I considered doing SDD, but ended up passing because there were so many other subjects that I wanted to do, and I had trouble choosing. It sounds interesting, hopefully everyone doing it enjoys it.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
What theory do we learn about in SDD?
You do learn about coding, for most students this might be the more challenging and memorable part. In terms of theory, you'll cover some ethics issues etc., basics about hardware/computing and different software development approaches.

But most of year 11 and 12 theory is centred on the software development life cycle. Specifically, the waterfall model (E.g. sequential phases of requirements/defining the problem, planning/design, implementation, testing and maintenance).

Then there were two option topics in year 12, one covered programming paradigms (e.g. procedural, functional, object oriented) and the other is about low level stuff (e.g. binary, logic gates and flip flops, basic math operations in binary, basic logic circuits).

foxxraven

HSC
School starts tomorrow for most NSW schools, (apparently it started today in Victoria) how are you all feeling?

foxxraven

HSC
Couldn’t feel better!
That's good! I'm personally feeling quite nervous, and I'm not looking forward to being at school for a before school class on my first day. But I'm also a little excited which is good too.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
That's good! I'm personally feeling quite nervous, and I'm not looking forward to being at school for a before school class on my first day. But I'm also a little excited which is good too.
You’ll be fine. Don’t stress about it!

foxxraven

HSC
How's everyone doing? I just finished my first day and I'm exhausted. I still have some homework I have to do. Wbu?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
How's everyone doing? I just finished my first day and I'm exhausted. I still have some homework I have to do. Wbu?
Unfortunately I’m not that good. I found out I couldn’t get one of my choices of Software Design so I had to pick up Physics instead. Not my favourite subject but I’ll have to learn how to enjoy Physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)