3.2.6 (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
explain the processes of filtration and reabsorption in the mammalian nephron regulate the body

for this dot point, does that mean that for the process of reabsorbtion, active transport occurs? like do the amino acids/glucose etc get reasorbed by active transport?

i'm just alittle confused about this dot point on what to write and what not to. so far i have: "reabsorbtion is a selective process..." what else needs to be included?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i remember it has salt / water level at the end...

filtration occurs at bowman's capsule.... where most substances is filtrated out of blood vessels due to high pressure... most biologically important substances such as glucose, some salt and so on are reabsorbed. at times of low water conc in body, anti-diuretic hormone is released targetin nephrons to reabsorb more more to brin back the water conc in blood

at times of low water + salt conc, aldorestrone is released targetin at nephrons, increase the permeability of the membrane of the nephrons, so more salt is reabsorbed... more water is passively diffused bak into the blood stream...

there the water level is regulated through filtration and reabsorption of water at kidney...

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
Reabsorption takes place selectively at various points along the proximinal tubule, loop of Henle and distil tubule. All glucose molecules, amino acids and vitamins are recovered, although the kidneys do not regulate their concentrations. The reabsorbtion of the ions (Na+, Ca+ k+ Cl-, HCO3-) occurs at different rates depending on feedback from the body. In some cases, active transport is required. Water is reabsorbed in all parts of the tubule except for the ascending loop of Henle. The amount of water reabsorbed depends on the feedback received by the hypothalamus. If no water was reabsorbed humans would eventually dehydrate, losing water at about a rate of 7.5 litres and hour.
The chemical composition of the body fluids is precisely regulated by the control of solute reabsorption from the glomerular fluid (filtrate)

any questions PM me

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
to tele: completely owns me man.... no wonders tops bio in bos

=)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
xiao: thats for the next dot point where it tells you to explains about the hormones ;)
tele: thats still straight out of hsc.csu ? :p

ummm is there in any way at all to simplify that? hmm i think i'll just copy that and memorise it :p

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh

tele: thats still straight out of hsc.csu ? :p
i know
its the only resource i found that explains this point succintly enough without all the added info which isnt neccessary

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
yeah.. well as i said before, i might as well just copy it out and memorise it.. even in the etxtbooks i have, it doesnt really explain it. only like 2 sentences and then it has all this other unrelated stuff. rather annoying.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
only like 2 sentences and then it has all this other unrelated stuff. rather annoying.
recon ey... but i fink context explains everything in much detail... aprt from the epidermiological thingie... ><

<= xiao still couldn't get ova the 7 marker q in hsc...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
xiao: thats for the next dot point where it tells you to explains about the hormones ;)
ooops... fluid composition.. sori!! ^^ ||

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
recon ey... but i fink context explains everything in much detail... aprt from the epidermiological thingie... ><
it does, but as i said before, the two dot points are mixed in within each other. and if you take one bit out, then youre taking it out of context.. :cold: damn bio dot point :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)