I'm in year 11 at the moment currently undertaking:

Adv. Eng
Ext. Eng
Jap Cont.
Legal
Modern
Drama
Society

I wish to do 3 extensions in year 12: Hist Ext, Jap Ext & English Ext1. Yet, my school adheres to a policy stating that, in year 12, your first 10 units must comprise of 2 unit subjects and I don't wish to do more than 11 units. I'm not sure if any other schools enforce this. I've come top 3 in each of these subjects (Rank 96 school), except for Drama and Society. I loathe society and wish to drop it immediately and there is just too much competition in Drama to attain high ranks. So my question is, if I can talk the academic coordinators into letting me doing 11 units (Adv. Eng, Ext. Eng, Jap Cont, Jap Ext, Modern, Hist Ext, Legal), is doing 3 ext too difficult? Also, if someone can give me insight into any of these extensions, that would be helpful. I'm also worried that if I do these 11 units and for some reason wish to drop 1, i'll be left with only 10 units.

Thankyou,
Nick

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The 11u combo with 3 extensions sounds good, if you are interested in the subjects. Esp as you are doing very well in all your 2us/current extensions, except drama/society which you loathe and that.

Your plan sounds good, 3 exts are not uncommon are manageable esp. with 11 units. But I suggest, as you seem hesitant of ever dropping one and only having 10 units...that maybe you start off dropping society that you loathe and pick your extra 2 extensions. Then after a few weeks and you are confident you like both your new extensions and will stick them through the year, drop drama down to 11. This could offer you an intermediate stage to be sure.

Also with the worries about the workload, school is as much work as you put in. Extensions have the reward of good scaling for your efforts :) Your workload is not dramatically altered imho by doing exts over normal 2us, in fact you are just concentrating your efforts on less subject areas.

avro

HSC
I do 11 units and 3 of my units are extensions. PM me if you need advice and what not. I actually find 3 units easier because I get more free periods to work on stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)