4 unit maths (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Okay cleared UAI prob up with Careers advisor today. 4u of maths counts for 4u of UAI for anyone out there who stated otherwise.
Kowdude, if your fairly confident with your 3unit and are reasonably good at it, then consider 4unit. But note to go well in it, you usually have to put in alot of time and effort relative to your other subjects. I find that I would study this 1 unit extension more than most of my other 2 unit subjects so time is definitely a sacrifice your gonna have to make.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Was just wondering if you do 4 u maths, how much study would you normally do per nite etc. to get into the 90%s.. at the moment I dont really have that much time at hand for 4 unit and end up doing minimal study for it if any at all and my assessment marks average around 55%. :/
I hardly ever study for 4 unit maths. I only do intensive study like 2 days before the test.

my marks fluctuate between 60's to mid 80's
i guess it has to do with the amount of time I've put into my study. I tend to get higher mark when I study a little harder (let's say, a couple of days more). but I don't remember that I have done any hwk!

~juju~

well i work consistently - as in doing practiccally every qn in every exercise + past papers before asssmt + private tutoring and what mark do i get?? 50%!!!!!!!

i do da same for 3u and i can top it w. 93% -- theres a monumental gap b.w 3u & 4u i reckon (esp for those bluddy component b qns, where da working out are simply 5 lines but u do a page & get it wrong)

how much would 65% get scaled up to?

:apig:

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
depends on how everyone does and how they do in all their subs, this is for the hsc

like i said before, my 77% raw in half yearly got me 93% in my half yearly report
the scaled average was 87 i think

~juju~

so wats da pt in wasting all this effort to get 87? (if i can even get that after scaling) is that for all 4 units?
coz if it is, then..
i'm thinking of dropping it
but i only do 11 units, 1 being religion...

Rahul

Dead Member
my first ass. mark was 48%, which got scaled to 86%, does that mean our test was hard, coz i thought it sure was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)