4 unit maths (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Was just wondering if you do 4 u maths, how much study would you normally do per nite etc. to get into the 90%s.. at the moment I dont really have that much time at hand for 4 unit and end up doing minimal study for it if any at all and my assessment marks average around 55%. :/

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
study times is a personal thing. everyone puts in different hours. personally, i dont time myself or plan anything. if i feel like doing maths, ill do a few hours and catch up. usually i do the homework, not alot of extra study though unless its 2 weeks before an exam.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
aiight well my marks havnt been 90+, im an all over the place man
1st 4u assessment - 89%
2nd 4u assessment - 77% (scaled to 93% for half yearly report)
3rd 4u assessment - 100%

i usually just do all the past papers and revision sheet they give me, it gives me a good indication of what i do and dont know
read through the book a couple times
then go through the past papers again mentally noting what i can and cant do, and usually i should be able to do all

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
1st= 92%
2nd= 68%
3rd= 92%

Well for the first and third, i put in about 4 hours worth of study for three nights before the test... For the 2nd, i only did 2 hours total. Study i think is necessary for 4u maths, especially all the past papers.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Actually i dont study JKD, :/ ive been trying to find an instructor now for aaaaages but to no avail. Ill prolly have to move to the States if i ever wanna learn it. I try to learn watever i can off the net and books etc but thats about it. Anyway thanks for being interested! :D

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
jeet kune do

man i soo wanna learn as well...

shame bruce lee didnt set up skools in australia hehe

redhat

Originally posted by JKDDragon
Was just wondering if you do 4 u maths, how much study would you normally do per nite etc. to get into the 90%s.. at the moment I dont really have that much time at hand for 4 unit and end up doing minimal study for it if any at all and my assessment marks average around 55%. :/
1hour/day..

It seriously isn't that hard. You just have to make good use of the time at school.. think about how many hours of 4u maths u get done @ school!!!

+ in your free periods study 4 u maths.... do exercises.. practice makes perfect..

It is very worth it.

Same goes for 4u english.. These are the two best HSC subjects

pinkyfish

Just do it when you feel like to.

also, i think your interest is directly related to the teacher.
i changed teacher in the mid of this year.
my old teacher was really smart, so i felt so interested in 4 maths.
but since this new teacher started to teach me , i feel so bored and not willing to study any more.
do u know what, she only gives us exercises and work solution in the class, and ask us to do it ourselves.
and she never can answer my question.
so what's the point of going to class

damn

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by pinkyfish

but since this new teacher started to teach me , i feel so bored and not willing to study any more.
do u know what, she only gives us exercises and work solution in the class, and ask us to do it ourselves.
and she never can answer my question.
so what's the point of going to class
I feel exactly the same way... No matter how nice my teacher really is, she is an utter incompetent when answering my questions. only 1 out of 10 times would she actually have a clue on how to answer a question. That is not to say she still got it right, though.

N

ND

Originally posted by Harimau
I feel exactly the same way... No matter how nice my teacher really is, she is an utter incompetent when answering my questions. only 1 out of 10 times would she actually have a clue on how to answer a question. That is not to say she still got it right, though.
That's what oldman, spice girl and turtle are for. :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
Another question that Ive been questioning.
4 unit students dont sit the 2 unit HSC exam.
Therefore when it comes to HSC/UAI scaling do us 4 uniters just get scaled 100% raw mark for 2 unit?

is a roflcopter
HSC
i think its assumed we could get that
but it doesnt count for our uai

Rahul

Dead Member
we dont receive a mark for 2u...the ext1 course gets allocated 2 units, same with teh ext2 course....2+2 =4!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Okay i just got majorly confused.. so we still get 4 units of maths counted for UAI or not?? If not, my UAI is gonna be so F@CKED since i wont have backup UAI units hence the extention 2 is part of it (and i havent been going that well in it).
Okay starting to panic now.. lol

kow_dude

HSC
is 4 unit maths hard?
because i want to choose it for year 12

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
do you like maths and are you fairly good at 3unit? are you willing to spend alot of your time doing maths problems? you need to be pretty committed to maths to do it well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)