4u maths calculator? (1 Viewer)

Everwinter

HSC
I started 4 unit maths this term and there is a model of calculator that can calculate complex numbers, it is necessary to buy it (fx-100 Au plus) and is it helpful in exams? Because some people said it's quite useless in 4 unit maths.

username_2

HSC
One of my friends used a complex number calculator and he said it was just wasting his time in the exam... plus I don't think a complex no calculator will help you do roots of unity stuff so I would say it is absolutely useless. (opinion obviously)

cchan334

HSC
The 4unit calculator can also do some other stuff like vectors, and other things that arent on the normal 82AU calculator. I mean 4unit calculators are pretty basic when it comes to simplifying complex numbers but having the 4unit calculator means you are able to check your answers. Ultimately, it doesnt really make that big of a difference, but if your first exam is also on complex numbers only (our exam is literally only up to mod arg form) having a calculator that can simplify complex numbers is a great advantage!

idkkdi

HSC
The 4unit calculator can also do some other stuff like vectors, and other things that arent on the normal 82AU calculator. I mean 4unit calculators are pretty basic when it comes to simplifying complex numbers but having the 4unit calculator means you are able to check your answers. Ultimately, it doesnt really make that big of a difference, but if your first exam is also on complex numbers only (our exam is literally only up to mod arg form) having a calculator that can simplify complex numbers is a great advantage!
damn wish my exam was that easy.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
I started 4 unit maths this term and there is a model of calculator that can calculate complex numbers, it is necessary to buy it (fx-100 Au plus) and is it helpful in exams? Because some people said it's quite useless in 4 unit maths.
Soz if this is late but I think the standard one most people have (fx-82AU II) is good enough, if you need to calculate complex numbers the fx-82 can do it to some degree with calculating mod and arg, however you may have to remember common roots i.e.
sqrt 2 = 1.414
Should be a button which says “Pol” on the calculator and then you just input x and y values of any complex number x + iy - seperate values with a comma

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)