5 Marker in Section I (1 Viewer)

HSC
What did people write in it?

Because I chose, what I feel now, the WORST two texts (1 and 4)...I really feel I should've chosen 2 and 3.
I wrote a lot of bullshit...not really knowing what I was saying....

(I just wanna know whether I'm OK or SCREWED...)

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Text 1 - Body language/Facial Expression/Vectors/Spatial juxtaposition of salient buildings in the background and the small crouching boy in the foreground/Contrasting colour palette/Pathetic fallacy = Feelings of disillusionment, rejection, confusion, alienation, feeling 'lost,' negative emotions in general
Text 3 - Rhetorical question "Where did you get your wickedness from?" (not sure about exact wording), "Bruised and bloodied we crawled through our childhood" (not sure again about wording,) the allegory of the raven story = even within filial relationships one can experience negative emotions such as frustration, anger, dejection etc. while at the same time feeling a sense of humility and a willingness to be kind in "She always puts herself last" and another quote about her feeling all reminiscent and happy about visiting her brother.
Then ended with a general sentence that talked about how conflicting it is to seek a connection while feeling rejection/feeling shit in a close relationship and how these 'complex emotions (lol)' are a result of the idiosyncratic nature of humanity

Last edited:

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
I did text 1 and 2. Don't see why text 1 is bad, plenty of things you could have talked about.

HSC
I did text 1 and 2. Don't see why text 1 is bad, plenty of things you could have talked about.
All I said was how the boy was B&W and the buildings were colourful and that he was looking at buildings, showing his desire to connect...

yasminee96

HSC
I chose 2 and 4
why do you feel screwed? So long as you answered the question with techniques and textual evidence, and made sure it all was tightly related to the question, then what's the problem? It's not like there are a set 2 texts that you MUST choose...it's about what you think works best, and what you can work on best.

Plus, get over paper 1 now, you have a much more significant exam to worry about tomorrow - paper 1 is over and you can't change it now, just be happy it's over and kill paper 2 :)

yasminee96

HSC
Happy?
> I ALWAYS screw up the reading questions...I got 7/15 in my trials....I can't be happy...
:(:(
Okay stop thinking about it. Reflecting over the mere idea that you MAY have screwed up like 5 out of the 105 marks in Advanced English isn't going to do much for the 60 marks still to come lol.

HSC
Okay stop thinking about it. Reflecting over the mere idea that you MAY have screwed up like 5 out of the 105 marks in Advanced English isn't going to do much for the 60 marks still to come lol.
But I can't stop thinking about tomorrow!!!

I don't know any essay completely!!!!!!

I'm having a mental breakdown...like one of those girls in my class that always whinges!!!!

yasminee96

HSC
But I can't stop thinking about tomorrow!!!

I don't know any essay completely!!!!!!

I'm having a mental breakdown...like one of those girls in my class that always whinges!!!!
Well stop complaining, get off BoS and go learn an essay. Whining won't solve your problem lol

NWO

HSC
lol thats excatly what i wrote. IS what the woman shouted? " Can u stop fighting"? a rhertorical question?? I used a sad tone for the first one of the guy looking sad

NWO

HSC
lol 1 and 3 was the easiest for me. Hopefully 5 marks there already. stuffed b part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)