5 marker (1 Viewer)

manscux

HSC
hi

what mark would i get for this response

First point:
China used open door policy whihc saw its trade dependency increase.
China has become a financial hub, becoming the greater importer of FDI, because of its soverign welath fund,
Its household responsibilty policy has made economic zones, allowing tNC come and explout cheap labour
the devaluation of the currency has also seen it gain a comparative advantage in manufacturing products but at the expense of inflation

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
yeah it is a response by opening up foreign Investment etc in response to the international cycle :)
But I guess this is a two way question, could go either way. But I'm sure what you've said is fine, did you also note that it was during the boom years that they've done it to attract the investment into china to boost economic growth?

Skriker

HSC
But I guess this is a two way question, could go either way. But I'm sure what you've said is fine, did you also note that it was during the boom years that they've done it to attract the investment into china to boost economic growth?
yup said exactly what you wrote :) so I guess we will be both fine if its a two way question then.

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
yup said exactly what you wrote :) so I guess we will be both fine if its a two way question then.
Good, I did one about the States and wrote about their macroeconomic policies after the GFC and the recent crisis, like massive NFD and QE1 and 2 as well as how it allowed them to invest at a lower cost overseas, which is aimed to respond to the recession in the international business cycle to influence C+I+G+(X-M).... Don't know what'd they be received by the marker, didn't really focus on trade policies, but rather this whole macroeconomic mix and how it affected the economy in the states in relation to the contractionary phase. I did also identity the trend and reasons of the current international business cycle and why it's contractionary. Don't know, it's an ambiguous question

Skriker

HSC
Good, I did one about the States and wrote about their macroeconomic policies after the GFC and the recent crisis, like massive NFD and QE1 and 2 as well as how it allowed them to invest at a lower cost overseas, which is aimed to respond to the recession in the international business cycle to influence C+I+G+(X-M).... Don't know what'd they be received by the marker, didn't really focus on trade policies, but rather this whole macroeconomic mix and how it affected the economy in the states in relation to the contractionary phase. I did also identity the trend and reasons of the current international business cycle and why it's contractionary. Don't know, it's an ambiguous question
Yeah, I guess that you could talk about anything if you got your point across I think we should be fine and where both talking about too different countries soo they will also use different policies too :) so we should be fine.

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
Yeah, I guess that you could talk about anything if you got your point across I think we should be fine and where both talking about too different countries soo they will also use different policies too :) so we should be fine.
Yeah, that's why I thought that this question isn't so much about globalisation.

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
DAMN!!! I used a different approach for China. I dud write about fiscal policy.... but then I talked about how China switched from a fixed exchange rate to a managed peg and how this managed peg is a better shock absorber of fluctuating global eco activity than the fixed exchange rate.
You did talk about Fiscal policy right? That's a few marks. I'm sure you'd get marks in the change of the exchange rate in the Yuan too

failwhale

HSC
rofl i talked about monetary and fiscal since macroeconomics policies smooth out the fluctuations in the int business cycle. originally i was going to do that open door policy crap and stuff but i thought that was promoting globalisation, i.e before being in the global economy thus int business cycle won't really affect them.

idk hoping 3+ for that question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)