50 internal/50 external for ATAR (1 Viewer)

enak101

HSC
Does this simply mean 50% of your atar is from trials and 50% is from hsc exams

or

50% from all assessment tasks in year 12 and 50% from the hsc exams?

inJust

HSC
It's actually 50% your rank and 50% your hsc exam, but ok.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
It's actually 50% your rank and 50% your hsc exam, but ok.
But your rank's based off your assessment marks.

To the OP, not your actual assessment marks. The assessment marks determine your ranks, which will determine your internal mark.

enak101

HSC
Thanks, does that mean going to a school with small classes and poor performance on average makes it easier to get a good atar lol? Since topping all of my subjects probably wouldn't be too difficult at my school. Or is that all taken into account heh.

D94

HSC
N/A
Thanks, does that mean going to a school with small classes and poor performance on average makes it easier to get a good atar lol? Since topping all of my subjects probably wouldn't be too difficult at my school. Or is that all taken into account heh.
Sure, you've topped your classes, but that means you need to perform to your best in the HSC. Also, you might be doing well in your school, but it could mean first in your school is last in a top 30s school. Don't become complacent and think first rank = high ATAR or doing well in the HSC. You need to actually do well in the HSC for any chance at a good ATAR, whatever that means.

So really, no, it doesn't make it easier. In fact, you're going to need to work even harder to ensure the standard you've set is as high as those top ranked schools.

enak101

HSC
Oh yeah, wasn't trying to get that message across hah, I know that. If anything, this school has inflated my ego since I am 'smart' but I'm not amazing, this school has sort of made me felt like that sometimes though. Lately I've realized what it's actually like, which I'm glad. I plan on trying very hard for my HSC and my assessments in year 12 next year. Thanks again.

enak101

HSC
Went off on a bit of a tangent there. So to clarify

If I rank first in every subject (not hard with even a little study) my ATAR mainly comes from HSC exams? Like, I'm less affected by ranks and assessments in general?

Rank 1st in everything
Score 70% on exams
get 70ish ATAR

Rank 1st in everything
Score 95% on exams
Get 98ish atar (might be different, just an example)

but if ranks fluctuate it can be a lot harder to tell?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)