6-7 mark questions you'd like (1 Viewer)

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
We all know we have our favourite questions and our not so favourite questions. In this 2006 paper I'd be happy to answer: enthanol (us as fuel or for chemicals in industry), ozone stuff, haber process, HPLC - Gas Liquid chromatography - Mass spectroscopy.

I really don't want a 7 marker on the uses of DNA in forensic investigations. So boring.

mr coolerer

HSC
Anything on the Haber process would fit me like a glove, I spent a week at an amonia plant in the holidays following people around, so i know it very well.

AAS wouldnt worry me either

Tim035

HSC
Anything in forensics except that crap on the ethical issues in general with the forensic chemist and a case study of how changes in technology changed the outcome of a case, so borring.

Umm in the core. AAS, Ethanol, Biopolymers, CFC's, Significance of Haber process, Mass water purification, acid rain would all be fine.
Things I wouldn't like ummm... That point on assess evidence on increasing concentrations of oxides in atmosphere, present information on recent discoveries in transuranic elements AND BATTERIES OH GOD I HATE BATTERIES!!!!!

kezz_xxxx

HSC
Core: Biopolymers, Haber process, contributions of Lowry, Davy etc (Whatever dp that is) as long as it ISN'T BATTERIES!

Shipwrecks: Solubility/Availability of gases at depth, SRB, restoration/preservation of artifacts.

bboyelement

HSC
i hate shipwrecks, how can you remember all the equations. also i would hate to have a 6 mark on membrane filters. everything else im pretty cool

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Questions I like:
- AAS impacts on environment and society
- Haber Process
- Fermentation
- Isotopes in Industry and Medicine
- Historical development of acid theories
- Ethanol evaluation
- Effects of Acidic rain
- Sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides
- Purifying and sanitising water supplies
- CFCs and impacts on ozone
- Features of local water supply
- Alleviating problems caused by CFCs
- Historical developments in the understanding of electron transfer reactions
- Cathodic protection
- Chemical procedures in restoring artefacts

Questions I don't like:
- Battery cell comparisons
- Designing and recalling first hand investigations, especially those our teacher ignored!! Grrrrr......
- Recent discoveries of elements <----- This would be a killer!
- Biopolymers (paticularly cellulose potential)
- Named chemist in named industry <------ This would be annoying!
- Information available that indicates changes observed in atmospheric ozone concentrations and how they were obtained
- Effects of elements on steel properties
- Historical development of ship materials
- Comparing techniques of restoring two Australian artefacts
:(
Do you believe in Murphy's Law? What CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong? lol

kezz_xxxx

HSC
Something else I would really dislike:

Description/Evaluation/Assessment on the prac for the sulfate content in fertiliser.

I hate that prac.

Bob.

HSC
why doesnt anyone like batteries? i think they are the best. just draw up a table and compare the two, easy as that. im really not looking forward to long answer questions in forensic chemistry.

bboyelement

HSC
do you think they will ask you to draw up the battery and show the anode and cathode and electrolyte because i got one in the trials

Riviet

HSC
N/A
7 marker on ethanol just like in the catholic trial would be great. :D

P

pLuvia

Anything to do with ozone/CFCs, batteries, ethanol to an extent and some form Trebla's list :p

Tim035

HSC
Batteries came up in 01 as a 7 marker and in last years as a 5 marker so praying to the heavens for not another one this year.
Reason they suck is because the anode and cathode equations are such a bitch to remember as well as to draw/explain the physical nature of the cell

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Trebla said:
Questions I don't like:
- Named chemist in named industry <------ This would be annoying!
We don't have to know the name of a chemist; we are only asked to outline the role of a chemist in a named industry.

I would say fermentation first hand investigation would be a nice question, but don't quote me for that because never once I correctly predicted a question for HSC. ;)

suzieee

HSC
i dont want any on batteries, haber process would be ok, ethanol would also be ok.... but i prob wont do any good anyway, so it wont really matter :)

izzy88

HSC
i wouldnt like to get a question on measuring ozone- TOMS and dobson units and that stuff...yuk!

royaaran

HSC
i hate all of it.....was it just me or was the 2005 paper hard :(

I wouldnt mind haber process, ethanol questions, AAS, alkanes/alkenes...shit like that.

i dont like batteries, anything to do with the atmosphere, BIOPOLYMERS and i hate SHIPWRECKS...what an irritating subject:S

But no-one has said anything about calculations???? I for one know i am screwed in that part...i dont know nufin =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)