7 million Australians overweight/obese? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just saw a ad on TV the other night.. claiming that 7 million Australians are some what overweight or obese? thats what, a third of our population? pretty bad if u ask me, i know how bad it could be, i was once at that stage (from my disease though). very thankful that im fitter and healthier now.

the ads in this link if u wanna check it out.

http://www.letsgetstarted.com.au/

HSC
some people, like myself, are overweight due to medical conditions... i eat less than and more healthier than the majority of people, its not an excuse, but yeah it just makes me laugh how people make the automatic link to food...

HSC
Im not that surprised honestly, just noticing all the fast-food and fried stuff that we eat. Drove down the main street and every 5mins saw a Macca's and what not. That ad left a few disturbing images in my head as well, dunno why someone would go through the pain of a operation just to feel better about themselves.

quik.

HSC
If that's the weightwatchers ad, I thought it was awesome up until the started going on about weightwatchers.

I'm all for people getting healthy, but somehow I doubt weightwatchers is gonna single handedly accomplish it.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
some people, like myself, are overweight due to medical conditions... i eat less than and more healthier than the majority of people, its not an excuse, but yeah it just makes me laugh how people make the automatic link to food...
Just keep lying to yourself, you fat cunt

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Very, very, VERY false statistic.

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Just keep lying to yourself, you fat cunt
im not... the doctor must have an insane altruistic compulsion to lie to me about my body :roll:

HSC
quik. said:
If that's the weightwatchers ad, I thought it was awesome up until the started going on about weightwatchers.

I'm all for people getting healthy, but somehow I doubt weightwatchers is gonna single handedly accomplish it.
Don't think weight watchers will do it all on their own. there are heaps of other organisations out there, e.g. Jenny Craig. but anyway, my sister went on Weight Watchers after her pregnancy and it worked well. Food was alright, not what i expected as "healthy food".

Last edited:

Mr.Angry

HSC
'getting jiggy wit it nahhnaananannah'

- Mr. Angry :mad:

NinjaSauce

HSC

Its easy to believe there are way to many fat people. 7 million? 33% of our population? EASY. I'd expect more.

And Mr. Fahrenheit Whats the medical issue? I find your comment about "people always jumping to a food issue [as a bad thing]" Niave. True, some people have legitimate medical concerns, and lot of other people people just say they do as an exucse. 99% of fat people are fat by too much food, and their only exercise being Fork-Curls. It stands to reason to generalise to food and activity intake.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
sja said:
Very, very, VERY false statistic.
Bullshit. It's known that 67% of men and 57% of women in Australia are either overweight or obese. And what's worst is that 25% of kids aged 2-18 are overweight. I'm sick of seeing these statistics increasing. I don't understand why people don't even have the simple displace to change their eating habits and hence are willing pay the cost of in the future of curing their dietary related diseases which will costs thousands of dollars, as opposed to paying the small price to prevent it, when they still have the opportunity to do so. Honestly, if you want to die at the age of 50, at the expense of your family and children, then go ahead and do what you're currently doing. If not, then go fucking do something about it.

HSC
thats a strong message, valid though. children should be taught to eat healthier at a younger age.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
argh11111111111 said:
thats a strong message, valid though. children should be taught to eat healthier at a younger age.

has anyone seen that show by Jamie Oliver going to schools and trying to change the food they eat? the food they initially sold was SO disgusting! As for Australia..the canteens in schools are getting heaps better but they still have a lot of crap at the same time. =\

gibbo67

HSC
7 million fat australians doesn't surprise me at all - though I swear that of all the places in the world, disneyland tends to attract the greatest number of obese americans per capita of anywhere public in the world.

If you catch public transport and walk at least 20-30 mins a day, play sport once or twice a week, eat good healthy vegies and don't eat maccas or drink copious amounts of soft drink every day, then you should be doing much better than most of the 7 million fat australians (or roughly 150+ million fat americans).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)