89ers right here (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
anyone get 89 and peeved that they missed out by 1. I got 89.9 so i am highly annoyed. do you think us 89ers could still get into a 90 course? i hope so...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Unless the course cut-off shows less than what your UAI is, you won't make it, unless you have a successful EAS application.

Even if you miss out by 0.05 there really is no sympathy cut-off.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
thats why the UAI only increments by 0.05

you must be unique Cyph :p

dont_b_simple

u pplz getting 89 shouldn't by pissed off that u just missed out on 90...u should be happy, u should be jumping up and down, some people would kill to have gotten 89 ok
and u can still probably make it in to a course needing a uai of 90...they do put out 2nd round offers

Last edited:
HSC
Ragerunner said:
Unless the course cut-off shows less than what your UAI is, you won't make it, unless you have a successful EAS application.
what if not that many people with higher uai's than you apply for that course? it'd be kind of pointless to have a half empty class just because they set the cut-off too high.

i know it wouldn't happen too often because they set the cut-off according to demand etc etc, but still ..

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
im not pissed by the fact i got 89.95, its just i was really hankering to get over 90, as the school then immortalises you in the school newsletter :p

plus instead of saying i got 90, i have to use like 4 more syllables when someone asks me what i got lol

DaRanjed

I got 89.55 so...I guess in a way, it's better than 89.95. lol Just kidding.
I need less than half a mark to get a 2 digit number with 9 in front. A freakin 9!! Maan...

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yeah last year friend wanted to do a course with a UAI of 85. He got 84.95, he pleaded and was rejected

dont_b_simple

TimeAndTide said:
This is different. They actually worked *hard* to get it.
its not different. just because i didn't get a great uai doesn't mean that i haven't been working my arse off to do well at school. i have worked so hard the past 6 yrs, especially these last to yrs

persephone

HSC
it's just that it was one mark...one more thing you could have done. Like calculated something, derived something, read over something again. something so small that would have given you that extra point. Trying harder in an assessment task, etc. It's just the fact you missed out by something so small.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
TimeAndTide said:
This is different. They actually worked *hard* to get it.
I officially declare you the enemy.

Are you saying that people who didn't get 89 didn't work hard?

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
katietheskatie said:
what if not that many people with higher uai's than you apply for that course? it'd be kind of pointless to have a half empty class just because they set the cut-off too high.

i know it wouldn't happen too often because they set the cut-off according to demand etc etc, but still ..
What I was trying to imply before is that the cut-offs are not pre-determined.

They don't just say "ok this year we will make the cut-offs for commerce 97"

It's based on how many students a course can accept. Once the quota is reached, the last person that managed to get in becomes the published cut-off.

glozza

i may be one of the unluckiest 89ers..with an 89 in music, 89 in business studies, 89 in japanese, and UAI 89.10. can anyone beat this bad luck? haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)