90+ ppl: When did u start studying? (1 Viewer)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i never studied till midway yr11. but in yr12 on a school night id study or do homework for upto 1.5 hours but averaged about 45-60 mins. i skipped alot of pointless homework so i could watch 4hrs of tv per night hehehe. but in stuvac i studied about 3hrs

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
oh man you need to have started studying your butt off from year 7!

nah just kidding
you study as much as you need to so that you do well enough in your exams.
there comes a point where you study too much and it doesn't do anything more other than wear you out (better known as 'burning out') hehe
good luck

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Bob.J said:
oh man you need to have started studying your butt off from year 7!

nah just kidding
you study as much as you need to so that you do well enough in your exams.
there comes a point where you study too much and it doesn't do anything more other than wear you out (better known as 'burning out') hehe
good luck
exactly i just study till im content i know as much as i need. that often doesnt take a hell of a lot of study. i just made notes and read over them but found that by writing them i didnt really have to read them much cause i already knew them cause i listen well enough in class and absorb info

mack

Banned
HSC
I started studying first day of Term 4, 2003, about 3-4 hours a night.I was never good at cramming, I prefer consistency and balance, much less stress that way. I agree once you've gotten to a certain amount of hours the study becomes less and less effective.

zhongie

HSC
Umm...the main thing was listen in class. If you do that, then you don't need to study.

I started studying during stuvac, and 2 nights before assessments. Of course, I utilised the time between exams during the HSc, but still managed to watch 2 hours of TV each night.

Osiris8732

i didnt pay any attention in school or study from yr 7-11, year 12 i paid a little attention, did no homework (except assessments), and studied 2 weeks before english exam, i got 92.45

mack

Banned
HSC
zhongie said:
Umm...the main thing was listen in class. If you do that, then you don't need to study.

I started studying during stuvac, and 2 nights before assessments. Of course, I utilised the time between exams during the HSc, but still managed to watch 2 hours of TV each night.

2 hours of TV a night? Damn, you must have a massive IQ! I had to practically study from when I got home until I went to bed to get similar marks to yours.

HSC
N/A
Osiris8732 said:
i didnt pay any attention in school or study from yr 7-11, year 12 i paid a little attention, did no homework (except assessments), and studied 2 weeks before english exam, i got 92.45
That sounds a bit like me. Except I only started studying one week before the english exam. :D I did however, do some major cramming during the HSC itself (for my other subjects - no I didn't study for Trials - MAJOR WORKS!), and got 92.95, which I'm perfectly happy with.

However, I'm one of those "in class listener" type-people that doesn't - and wont - learn by rote, so a lot of that "study for at least an hour a night" never really appealled or worked for me anyway... I did a LOT of practice essays though.

AE86

HSC
glitterfairy said:
That sounds a bit like me. Except I only started studying one week before the english exam. :D I did however, do some major cramming during the HSC itself (for my other subjects - no I didn't study for Trials - MAJOR WORKS!), and got 92.95, which I'm perfectly happy with.

However, I'm one of those "in class listener" type-people that doesn't - and wont - learn by rote, so a lot of that "study for at least an hour a night" never really appealled or worked for me anyway... I did a LOT of practice essays though.
Yep, that sounds like me too!!

However, i barely done any proper study or proper time management.

And, what did i end up with?...92.90 which is beyond what i had imagined.

Man, english killed me. Through out the whole Eng adv course, I didn't even start reading the prescribed text in module B.

I tried to cram a few nights before the exam and i still done better than expected. If i had a decent english mark like my other subjects, i would of got around 96.

Doesn't matter, i already feel 92.90 is a bonus for me. LOL

Last edited:

zhongie

HSC
I hate to say it, but I only read half of King Lear and watched some different plays half-heartedly (ie. playing cards while it was on)

And Brave New World, I just remembered from Year 8...

The rest I read though, honest.

mack

Banned
HSC
Jesus H. Pumpernickel!

99.95 with only half reading? I read both over ten times....Are you a genius or something?

mm87511

HSC
i did some study in yr 11
but when i turned to yr 12,i was totally slack..lots of absence so tat the principle actually called my mum to discuss it,but it ends up with my mum sending me to an holiday overseas....haha
i did some study after trail,that helps me a lot..so i am totally disgusted with my 95.1 in a good way

CrashOveride

HSC
Many a time people talk about UAI over 100. Quite stupid.

Also, you dont need to read anything for english. I never once read any of the prescribed texts in highschool. You just need to know how to bs, techniques and more bs.

S

Shuter

Jeeez, some of you people do crazy amounts of study, in a way I guess I should feel happy with my 86.90 UAI for the amount of effort put in. Mine was usually none except an hour or two around each exam time. Before HSC I did some maths for around a month and then the other subjects were covered in the days free I had between exams (1-2) reading the whole study guide in a block. However I had similar results in year 11 with less study but I was a little more alert (less tired) in class.

A good study routine will take you a long way, I however did not possess this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)