• We need YOU to help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and trial papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

99.10 ATAR - BAND 6 Notes [BIO (YEAR 11-12), SOR1, ENGLISH ADVANCED (YEAR 11-12)] - Sample pages provided! (1 Viewer)

gudetamago

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi!

I completed my HSC in 2019 with an All-Rounders Award and an atar of 99.10. One of the reasons that led to my success was the time and effort I put into making my notes and perfecting my essays. Please see below for a comprehensive list of the notes and packages I am selling:

The orange text is what I have included in the sample pages :)

Biology (NEW SYLLABUS)
HSC MARK: 93

- Each module is $15 (Notes are extremely thorough. I used Bio in Focus as my primary textbook. Notes are organised into a table format so it is easy to read and locate information)
  1. Module 5
  2. Module 6
  3. Module 7
  4. Module 8 (POPULAR)
YEAR 11:
- Table-formatted and organised syllabus notes for Module 3: Biological Diversity and Module 4: Ecosystem Dynamics (YEAR 11) - $5 each

Chemistry (NEW SYLLABUS)
HSC MARK: 95

- Beautiful, handwritten notes structured according to syllabus dot point with relevant diagrams for ENTIRE HSC COURSE - $20

English Ad (NEW SYLLABUS) - 1984, Plath and Hughes, King Henry, Metamorphosis and Spotty Handed Villainesses
HSC MARK: 94

Common Module:
- 2 Band 6 Essays Typed responding to a specific question (19-20/20)
- Breakdown of the syllabus, responding to comprehension questions
- An extensive analysis table (themes, quotes, explanations, audience positioning) that helped me immensely for my Common Mod Assignment and in formulating essay plans. Contains a good bank of important quotes AND includes an analysis table for a related text - FAHRENHEIT 451
- Context of 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 (related text)

TOTAL: $20

Module A
:
- Full annotations for all 12 poems (including techniques, context, personal thoughts and unique interpretation)
- 3 full Band 6 essays that received marks in the range 18-20/20
- Some TEEL paragraphs responding to specific class questions
- Resources I received in class (scans of EXCEL English Advanced Study Guide for Ariel and Birthday Letters)
- Table notes - Separately $12

TOTAL: $35

Module B
:
- Typed up essay responding to CSSA Trial Exam 2019 - received 18/20
- A document containing various TEEL paragraphs with feedback from my teacher
- King Henry Context study
- Notes from a Symposium I attended at the Seymour Theatre
- A couple more essays I wrote in preparation for HSC exams including one of my "memorised" essays

TOTAL: $25

Module C
:
- 3 different creatives including one I memorised for HSC:
  • 1) Imaginative focus on FORM and SIDE CHARACTER POV - uses Metamorphosis as reference text $10
  • 2) Imaginative/Discursive from POV of a woman in Plath's era, thematic concerns pertain to women oppressed by the patriarchy, limits of creative freedom in 1950s America, female taboo $10
  • 3) Imaginative focus on a story about how fragmented relationships become the catalyst for division/isolation in an urban world - this creative I used in my HSC exam (with tweaks of course) $12
- Notes and resources for two prescribed texts: Spotty Handed Villainesses and Metamorphosis

TOTAL: $32

YEAR 11:

- Table formatted notes (Theme --> Conceptual Statement --> Quote --> Technique --> Explain) for Handmaid's Tale + Related Text Gattaca AND Julius Caesar - $15

Studies of Religion 1
HSC MARK: 96

- Syllabus Notes (for Aboriginal Spirituality)
- 20/20 essays for Islam and Christianity (Significant Practice, Significant Person, Ethics) - About 6-7 essays
- Resources and critical essays to use for additional study and collection of quotes

TOTAL: $25

If you're interested, send me an email on annabeljade1505@gmail.com (please lmk that you are from BoS) and I can give you more information. NOTE: I am only accepting payments through PayPal.

Thank you!!

Attachments

Last edited:

jeffreychoi

HSC
Hi, I'm interested in buying some of your notes. Is there a better way of contacting you? Thanks

aaaliak

HSC
Hello, I'm in Year 11 and I have a question about your preferred method of note taking. Do you find it easier to have your notes written down on paper or typed up? This includes regular class notes, summaries etc. I'm currently trying to find an effective method to use throughout Year 11 and 12. Please let me know :oldsmile:

gudetamago

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello, I'm in Year 11 and I have a question about your preferred method of note taking. Do you find it easier to have your notes written down on paper or typed up? This includes regular class notes, summaries etc. I'm currently trying to find an effective method to use throughout Year 11 and 12. Please let me know :oldsmile:
Hi there,
I definitely found handwriting my notes to be a much more effective study method. I found that I was able to retain information for longer periods of time, and it forced me to condense my notes so that I wasn’t wasting time writing pages and pages of notes I wouldn’t even be able to remember. To accommodate this method, I would use my laptop to summarise my notes from a textbook, and then I would revise them, learn them and understand them, and then once I’m ready, condense them into a page of handwritten notes. Then I’d basically carry these notes around everywhere I go.

Hope this helps :)

aaaliak

HSC
Hi there,
I definitely found handwriting my notes to be a much more effective study method. I found that I was able to retain information for longer periods of time, and it forced me to condense my notes so that I wasn’t wasting time writing pages and pages of notes I wouldn’t even be able to remember. To accommodate this method, I would use my laptop to summarise my notes from a textbook, and then I would revise them, learn them and understand them, and then once I’m ready, condense them into a page of handwritten notes. Then I’d basically carry these notes around everywhere I go.

Hope this helps :)
Thank you so much. Does this include the tables of information included in your English and Biology samples? I'm trying to figure out whether it would be easier to draw up the tables physically or not. Regardless of difficulty, I'm ready to put in the effort if it means I can use them well.

gudetamago

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you so much. Does this include the tables of information included in your English and Biology samples? I'm trying to figure out whether it would be easier to draw up the tables physically or not. Regardless of difficulty, I'm ready to put in the effort if it means I can use them well.
ahh, for my Biology tables, I used them to summarise and organise my notes based on syllabus dotpoint. After I do this, I write down my notes by hand onto loose leafs and while I’m reading and writing it down, I try to condense them in my head so that I end up with neat, concise handwritten notes that I can use as revision. I wouldn’t keep the table format as I found that writing in tables don’t give you as much room. I also make sure to write the syllabus dotpoint on the top of every page as well as a topic sentence that summarises my notes in case I will use them to answer 7-8 mark questions (where a visible structure is needed).

1581033798878.jpeg
^here is a sample of how I wrote my bio notes!

For English, I basically just keep my notes typed as it is. Reason is because I find that I always come back to my notes after class or after re-reading my text and finding other interpretations to change my notes around or add in a really good point I found. When exams start to approach, I basically have my laptop out with my notes and I start to write essays based on the points I already have. IMO, it is only when you start writing essays when you discover your most valuable and least valuable quotes. Sometimes I’d find that my quotes aren’t general enough to be able to apply them to a generic question or etc. and so I’d go back to edit my tables on my laptop. In the end, my notes end up being some handwritten sheets of my best quotes and analysis + quotes of critical essays.

To sum it up:

Biology: I type first, then write it out w/o the table format.
English: leave my notes typed and in one place, when it comes to exams I learn and memorise my points and then summarise my best quotes into sheets/palm cards.

Last edited:

aaaliak

HSC
thank you thank you thank you! This really helped me to get a clearer understanding on what would help me. All the best in uni :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)