99.4 ATAR ENGLISH TUTORING FROM ENGLISH LITERATURE UNIVERSITY STUDENT (1 Viewer)

zemilyx

HSC
Hey :)

I believe that teaching is a skill and I am constantly seeking to offer the best service I can. I genuinely love tutoring and I devote a lot of time and energy outside of sessions to supporting my students and developing lesson plans and resources. :) I'm currently working with 11 students from different year groups and parts of Australia, so have only limited spots available. I also have a free meet and greet session via Zoom with all newstudents where we can chat about your progress and goals in tutoring.

I completed the HSC in 2017 at a small high school in regional NSW and received a 99.4 ATAR. I have now chosen to follow on with my passion for English and languages by studying a combined English Literature and German degree at the University of Queensland and have just completed a semester abroad in Berlin. I know that compulsory English can be a huge struggle for many students, but I believe that it does have something to offer everyone (even if that something may be hard to find), and I work with every student in a personalised and encouraging manner to help you achieve your best results. At the moment, I offer online tutoring ONLY, and have a very flexible schedule (thanks, Corona!). Now is a very difficult time for everyone and I genuinely want to help you stay on track, whether you are in year 7 or in year 12, to achieve your best.

My subjects for the HSC were:
Advanced English (93)
English Ext. 1 (46)
English Ext. 2 (46)
Mathematics (99)
Maths Extension 1 (48)
SOR 1 (47)
Music 1 (93)
French Beginners (99, 4th in state).
ATAR

At the moment I am offering tutoring for English at all levels, Studies of Religion, and French and German Beginners, as well as lower level maths, English and humanities tutoring. I have experience tutoring VCE, QCE and ACT in addition to HSC students.
I speak German and French at an advanced level (C1). My sessions are shaped by what you want to learn, but key areas we can focus on include essay writing, text analysis, creative writing and exam technique.

In addition to studying English at university, I also work as a text guide author at ********* and therefore have a lot of experience with the syllabus and making English an accessible subject for students of all abilities.

I like to structure my sessions through identifying what you would like to improve on and can provide extensive help (and study materials) with exam preparation, assignment preparation and text analysis. I can help students of any level both optimise their performance and get the most enjoyment and satisfaction out of their studies, as I believe both are equally important, even if you think compulsory English isn't your thing.

If you aren't looking for a tutoring session but just want help with an individual assignment, I offer extensive essay and assignment marking for $30. This also includes access to my own top ranking essays and notes.

I offer an initial free consultation via video call so we can work out what you want to get out of the experience :) message me now to arrange a time.

Rate: $40/ hour. Online only as it allows me to keep my costs down :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)