99.95 ATAR PHD GRAD – offering HSC Maths / Yr 7-12 English / English Essay Marking | Online (1 Viewer)

NSW Tutor

HSC
I graduated with a 99.95 ATAR and currently have too much time on my hands after finishing up my PhD! I offer personalised/group tutoring for Preliminary / HSC Maths Extension 1 and 2, and Yr 7-12 English.

I graduated from the University of Sydney with the University Medal and was Dux of North Sydney Girls. I have always loved both the maths/sciences and the humanities, which explains why I was lucky enough to come top in both areas every year.

Results
First in grade (North Sydney Girls) - Maths Extension 2 (Yr 12) and Maths Extension 1 (Yr 11)
First in grade - English Extension 1 and English Advanced (Yr 11 and 12)
First in Grade - English Yr 7 to 12 inclusive
State Ranking + First in grade in HSC Chemistry

99.95 ATAR and the following HSC results:

- 98/100 - 3U (Maths Extension 1)
- 97/100 - 4U (Maths Extension 2)
- 48/50 – English (Extension 1)
- 95/100 – English (Advanced)
- 97/100 – Chemistry

I obtained Band 6 in all my subjects, placing me on the HSC All Rounders list.

Experience
I began working as a tutor 10+ years ago
, and am experienced in teaching Maths (Ext 1 and 2), HSC English and HSC Chemistry
I have a Working With Children Check.

What I offer currently

Maths
I have a treasure trove of tricky questions for each topic that, once mastered, will bump up your class ranking significantly. I tailor the pace and content of learning material to your specific needs. I have a lot of exam techniques to share, and lots of strategies to study SMART, not hard – not just for Maths and English but for your studies overall.

English
I understand that English is one of the most frustrating subjects for students, as it is so subjective. I will tailor the tutoring sessions specifically to your individual goals and essay tasks, but also give you the unwritten rules regarding what isn't acceptable to write.
If you are submitting your essays for marking, I provide you with comprehensive feedback (i.e. at least half a page + exhaustive annotations) based on HSC marker standards. This includes:
- Thorough line-by-line annotations on how to improve language, sentence flow, techniques, and argument
- A final comment at the end of the essay up to a few hundred words providing advice on how to improve in terms of argument, language, and structure, including an analysis of your ideas and concepts
- A mark out of 15, 20, or 25 depending on the essay/creative

My philosophy
Every student has the potential to succeed academically, as long as you have the right teacher. I love to break things down to the most basic principles first and will teach you how to teach yourself. This is also great preparation for university studies.

Locations
I have everything set up for online tutoring.

Rates
Please email me for rates. There are also great discounts for groups.

Contact
Please email me at tutoringaustralia100@gmail.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)