A Board of Studies rule? (1 Viewer)

itszen

HSC
My school does this 2-week trial of subject selections wheres you get to switch classes if you do not like it. Im trying to switch into Modern History atm , but the class is too full and i virtually asked everyone in that class if they are going drop it which all responded no . Then i went to the History head teacher to ask if he can just squeeze just ONE MORE PERSON into the class and there are actual extra seats in the classroom, to which he said its the 'board of studies rule' not to step over the maximum places for modern history? Can anyone verify this BOD rule? Or is there any other ways i can get through into doing modern history in my school?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
30 is meant to be the absolute maximum

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Government schools have a maximum senior class size of 24 I think.

Non-government schools can do things differently (mine has no maximum).

If the rule is 24 then they can't exceed that at all.

itszen

HSC
Yup the class is 20 and i go to a government school. I asked the head teacher and he said if afterwards no-one drops out then he'll 'put in serious consideration.'
*fingers cross !*

santiii

HSC
Wow. Are you serious? My school fails! There are so many classes at my school are above 24. I know there is a Modern History which has 32 people at my school.

smartalec

HSC
Wow. Are you serious? My school fails! There are so many classes at my school are above 24. I know there is a Modern History which has 32 people at my school.
lol. too bad you didnt go to my school. it only has 11 people in it hahaaa

Flissty

Hicksville, between a mountain and a paddock full
HSC
My school does this 2-week trial of subject selections wheres you get to switch classes if you do not like it. Im trying to switch into Modern History atm , but the class is too full and i virtually asked everyone in that class if they are going drop it which all responded no . Then i went to the History head teacher to ask if he can just squeeze just ONE MORE PERSON into the class and there are actual extra seats in the classroom, to which he said its the 'board of studies rule' not to step over the maximum places for modern history? Can anyone verify this BOD rule? Or is there any other ways i can get through into doing modern history in my school?
Could be a school:students:facility ratio.
Mayb give 'favours'. I'm sure he'll fit himself in.

*ahem, I mean fit you in.

pman

Banned
HSC
I just found it more troll than funny cos there was nothing useful in the post

bio_nut

HSC
She gave a possible justification for the teacher's decision in her first sentence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)