"A passport-sized photograph for your student card."....... (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Acceptance and Enrolment said:
This should be a colour portrait (head and shoulders only) photo of you that measure about 3.5cm by 4.7cm high. The photo will be laminated onto your student card, which you can use as a public transport concession card if you enrol as a full-time student. You should bring two photos if you also need a private transport concession card.
Does this mean we get the student cards on enrolment day next week or do we give them the photo(s) and we get the card when we start/during O-Week? Cheers :D.

DAAVE

HSC
We can get student prices on iPods and stuff with it :D

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
The student cards are still dodgy - ie laminated on the spot. Not sure if they are going to do anything more technical this year, probably not.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, USYD seems ot have the dodgiest cards...not a big deal though

chepas

HSC
Ah k...

DAAVE said:
We can get student prices on iPods and stuff with it
lol for real? From where?

Delta32 said:
The student cards are still dodgy - ie laminated on the spot. Not sure if they are going to do anything more technical this year, probably not.
So it's not anything like the RTA when they go away for 10 minutes and then out comes a shiny new licence or other card with your photo actually on the surface of the card? Mmm pretty old fashioned...

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Not unless each student paid about $50 more in student contributions!

Collin

HSC
N/A
You get your student cards during enrolment day. They ask for your photograph, put it on some prepared paper and then laminate it. It's pretty crap. The only way to get a proper one is to 'lose' your current one and then apply for a replacement at Fisher Library at a cost of $15. During semester, there are usually SRC elections. Don't vote in them unless you want a big hole on your student card.

As for the iPOD business, from what I know of Apple dealers will give students a discount of 10% on the mp3 players.

Generator

HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
The only way to get a proper one is to 'lose' your current one and then apply for a replacement at Fisher Library at a cost of $15.
Plus the $30 or so for a new concession sticker from the state transit office in the city. The bastards, making life more difficult and all.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Plus the $30 or so for a new concession sticker from the state transit office in the city. The bastards, making life more difficult and all.
Oh yeah, shit.. totally forgot about that bit. I lost my card last year and I got a new one but I totally can't be fucked to get a new sticker, since the bloody office is in the city like you said and all. I'm just praying that those ticket inspectors aren't fussy next time they do a run on my bus.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
$45 bucks overall for a decent card. Meh. Not worth it.

DAAVE

HSC
JKDDragon said:
As for the iPOD business, from what I know of Apple dealers will give students a discount of 10% on the mp3 players.
I remember last year some of my friends were begging uni friends to help them get an ipod cheaper lol

DAAVE

HSC
Hey is this card credit card sized? Like will it fit in my wallet in those spots?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Picture your licence, but add another 7mm to the height and 5mm to the length (rough guess from past years).

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Is the other stick put on after lamination? Or can't you just peel it off. Laminated things shit me because they come apart too easy.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'll be investing in a plastic student card. Stupid fuckers are so behind the times.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Is the other stick put on after lamination? Or can't you just peel it off. Laminated things shit me because they come apart too easy.
It's put on before the card is laminated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)