A Printing Error In Question 8!!! Question Wont Count!!! (1 Viewer)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
what was the error? silly me didnt notice an error at all...

thedoktor69

There was a typo. They said we had to draw a horizontal line through 300, but that means he made a $300 profit after he spent $300, but thats incorrect. He made a $300 loss, as he had not done any parties at that stage. The lines do not meet.

Dave

NickyP

I don't get it... I did the question and drew the horizontal line and what not but it went through the line and shoed that after 6 years he started making a profit...but I'm proly worng I'm not very good. are you sure it didn;t count???

KhaLien

Originally posted by NickyP
I don't get it... I did the question and drew the horizontal line and what not but it went through the line and shoed that after 6 years he started making a profit...but I'm proly worng I'm not very good. are you sure it didn;t count???
yea, i did the same - drew the line where he started making a profit :uhoh:
if I got it wrong, then I hope it doesn't count... :D

banx006

i just thought that the striaght line indicated the break even point. because he outlaid $300 so his break even was $300. you cant draw a negative break even point because hence it wouldnt really be viable....anyway how bad was the last one of q28. i crossed the right answer out :chainsaw:but yeah and that one were you had to change the annulus formula to r being the subject grrrr

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
you mean question 28 b) (iii)???

yes well i drew the line so i dunno...

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
yes it does indicate the break even point. it also shows the fixed cost... but its onlt a 1 marker so i dont see that its a big deal

Rednut

What was the problem? The way i view that it was asking you to put that horizonal line, showing hte break even point at 6 parties and then state that he would need to perform at 6 parties to recover his initial cost.:argue:

Marty

HSC
i interpreted it the same way as rednut

cept break even point was 7 parties not 6 :(
ahh well

i cant draw straight lines :\

spice girl

magic mirror
just out of curiosity:

how does Sourie do general maths and extension2 maths at the same time?

stressed02

yeah FUNNY THAT!!!

Also, he seems to have pointed out that there are mistakes in General Maths, Mathematics and 4 unit maths! hmmmm *cough cough bullshit*

he's full of shit, no one listen to him, there is nothing wrong with the answers - only ALOT wrong with this loser.

Marty

HSC
Originally posted by tammer
break even was def. 6 parties marty... :(
well duh
as 6 x 50 = 300

:(

as i was not thinking in the stupid exam
dirty brain

aLaNa

What was the problem? The way i view that it was asking you to put that horizonal line, showing hte break even point at 6 parties and then state that he would need to perform at 6 parties to recover his initial cost.
that waz wot i got tooooo! And I had heaps time left n i went ova it, n thats wot it is!!! :D

Clay_Smoka

I NOTICED THIS BUT JUST DID AS IT SAID, WAS QUITE CONFUSED AT THE TIME. BUT YEAH I THOUGHT IT WAS A STUFF UP. IF IT DOESN'T COUNT DO THEY GIVE US THE MARKS ? OR DO THEY DROP THE MARKS AND WORK IT OUT YOUR MARK FROM 97 OR WHATEVER ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)