A small rant about the math faculty (1 Viewer)

cantdefeatben

HSC
I am an accelerated math student taking my HSC courses in extension 1 and advanced maths this year and recently just finished my second assessment tasks for both subjects.

In my advanced test, there was a question that was revoked from the test (everybody got the 2 marks) where you had to change a function in terms of x instead of y to calculate the area between the curve and the y-axis. Although this type of question was taught in class and in the textbooks, the students who got it wrong complained that it wasn't part of the syllabus and eventually the head teacher had given everybody 2 marks for that question. I have seen other schools past papers testing this type of question and I honestly believe it is stupid that my rank is being affected by other people's ignorance to properly learn the content.

Today in the extension 1 test there was another problem, where the integral wasnt defined in the domain. If I remember correctly, the integral was . This integral is obviously not defined in this domain (division by 0), but the math faculty insists that the answer to the integral is a half, telling us to ignore the division by 0 and the negative value you get.

idkkdi

HSC
I am an accelerated math student taking my HSC courses in extension 1 and advanced maths this year and recently just finished my second assessment tasks for both subjects.

In my advanced test, there was a question that was revoked from the test (everybody got the 2 marks) where you had to change a function in terms of x instead of y to calculate the area between the curve and the y-axis. Although this type of question was taught in class and in the textbooks, the students who got it wrong complained that it wasn't part of the syllabus and eventually the head teacher had given everybody 2 marks for that question. I have seen other schools past papers testing this type of question and I honestly believe it is stupid that my rank is being affected by other people's ignorance to properly learn the content.

Today in the extension 1 test there was another problem, where the integral wasnt defined in the domain. If I remember correctly, the integral was . This integral is obviously not defined in this domain (division by 0), but the math faculty insists that the answer to the integral is a half, telling us to ignore the division by 0 and the negative value you get.
ye don't think that integral is legit

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
Sounds like my faculty ๐Ÿ’€ I got 100% in the adv test and thenext day was told that every adv class had to redo it bc a teacher forgot to give nesa ref sheet for one student...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)