about lecture notes and tutorial reading materials (1 Viewer)

layzeehbum

HSC
do we have to print them off from the uts online ourselves? or are they gonna give it to us during lectures and tutorials?

amaccas

HSC
N/A
print them off!

do 4 or 6 slides per page (handout style, in black and white).

or if you have a laptop, you could bring that in, and just add notes to the slides.

i've noticed that most people in business tend to hand write their notes though.

layzeehbum

HSC
O_O ar eu kidding?
there's like so many to print off den!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dat means i need 2 buy another ink catridge

urgh

y cant they give the print outs 2 us TT__TT

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
O_O ar eu kidding?
there's like so many to print off den!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dat means i need 2 buy another ink catridge

urgh

y cant they give the print outs 2 us TT__TT
You might be lucky with some subjects where lecture notes are all printed out in a booklet and for sale in the UTS Union shops.

maka

HSC
You print them off. For lecturers to print them off for everyone would be a nightmare.

You can print them off as 3 slides per page (leaves space for notes) or 6 slides per page.

You do probably go through a printer cartridge a semester (maybe 2). Alternatively you can print them off at uni and not worry about a printer cartridge.

layzeehbum

HSC
ok so tomorrow is my first MPO lecture...
should i print off the first lecture ??? since its alreadi posted on uts online...

thanhrox

HSC
ok. i'm REALLY confused

where can i find it? the lecture stuff?

i'm on the website right now and i cant find it =(

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
So where at UTS can we do some printing...?
And how much is it?

and i thought this week would be just going through...the subject outline and what its all about....? not really any stuff to learn as yet...

zer.0.ne

HSC
And how much is it?

and i thought this week would be just going through...the subject outline and what its all about....? not really any stuff to learn as yet...
There is the library where you can do printing.. or near the IT help desk there are random printer and photocopiers there to print stuff.

yeah first week is pretty much what we are to expect from doing this course and stuff. The first lecture i got is about vampires and zombies =/

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
And how much is it?

There are a number of places. The library and the printing centre near the UTS Student Association on level 3 of the tower building are but two (but probably the main ones you'll utilise). IIRC, it's something like... 19¢ for a double-sided black-and-white print, or 11¢ for a single. The payment process on its own took me a little while to figure out, so it might be good to have somebody explain it to you (but basically, it's "put money on your student card, print from account,release at print station, collect finished papers").

The first week is pretty much course overview, yeah.
layzeehbum said:
do we have to print them off from the uts online ourselves? or are they gonna give it to us during lectures and tutorials?
I will stress the point that you don't have to print off the lecture slides, or buy them, or get given them or anything. Lecture slides are just the summarised version of what the lecturer wants to explain in detail. IMO, it's better to write down your own summarised version. You can, of course, read the lecture notes online as a complement to your own notes.

layzeehbum

HSC
ok. i'm REALLY confused

where can i find it? the lecture stuff?

i'm on the website right now and i cant find it =(
just google uts online. login and then u can see the courses you're doing. click on each courses... some of them already posted lecture and tutorial materials

layzeehbum

HSC
I will stress the point that you don't have to print off the lecture slides, or buy them, or get given them or anything. Lecture slides are just the summarised version of what the lecturer wants to explain in detail. IMO, it's better to write down your own summarised version. You can, of course, read the lecture notes online as a complement to your own notes.
o_O ah i printed my first one alreadi...
oh well but its ok right so that i can scribble notes on it 2 keep me awake ^^
and then make a summarised one later?

thanhrox

HSC
i found my lecture materials for my monday class only (Managing People and Organisations) but for everything else like 'Accounting for Business ' or 'Economics for Business', there isnt an option for 'lectures' or 'tutorials'...

does that mean we dont need any or it's not posted up yet?

and also, i cant find some of my subjects on UTSonline either like 'Marketing Foundations' =S

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
o_O ah i printed my first one alreadi...
oh well but its ok right so that i can scribble notes on it 2 keep me awake ^^
and then make a summarised one later?
I was just suggesting an alternative study method. Realistically, you know the way you study the best-- the only real qualm I have with that method is that there's not a whole lot of space to write notes :\

thanhrox said:
i found my lecture materials for my monday class only (Managing People and Organisations) but for everything else like 'Accounting for Business ' or 'Economics for Business', there isnt an option for 'lectures' or 'tutorials'...

and also, i cant find some of my subjects on UTSonline either like 'Marketing Foundations' =S
Give it a little while. Some lecturers will wait until the day of the lecture to publish slides.

layzeehbum

HSC

dw i have the same problem as well!!!
mayb it will posted soon lol

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Usually first week, the Lecturer prints the slides off for everyone. But not always.

otherwise go to online.uts.edu.au
find yuor subject and print lectures notes.

Yuo can put money on yuor student card, and then use it to print at UTS. In case you forgot to print at home or work , as it happens to me sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)