about the personality and 'or' (1 Viewer)

freedom

hey people,

first time posting on this forum

just a quick thing about the 'or' in regards to the personality question- normally what the board does who ever sets the exam when they actually mean do one only they put it in captials say for eg. Liva OR Messalina etc etc.

for this question I think they wouldn't have minded if you discussed both modern and ancient interpretations.

for cleopatara it was useful to do both- and I asked my teacher who marks personalities and she said that was fine.

rest of exam- pretty okay but damn augustus quetions are always similar- i think people who chose that question have immedately put themselves in a "easy" category. what do you guys think?? because most markers no that that is the soft option.....

im wiriting the board and telling them for future years to cut downt he syllabus it was too big- and I hate how humanities and the arts are knocked down- espec. history as "memorising only" subject-- they should look into that.

Sarah J

HSC
are you sure? Cos I wrote a really good answer that would normally get me full marks, but I wrote on ancient and modern sources.

freedom

i think they will take both- it wasnt dead set- they are very careful about the way they do those or things- and this one could mean both.

i guess it would also depend on the personality you are doing- for some ancient suits it and modern better etc. but if you did both I think they will be pretty impressed.

the other day someone said its the hsc they take anything- although in the context it was said i was like errr it sounds right here!

the only thing im worrying about is what they do do moderate marks-- theres no way i went as well as i did at school- im getting scalllled doooooooown! :(

Killah33

Umm.....the descriminant here is OR......and i really doubt that you will be allowed to do both when it distinctively says 'or'

because then thats unfair to people who actually did just 1....

u probably wont be frowned upon, but maybe lose one or two marks right there for not doing the question properly

freedom

they'll take anything!

it will probably be those questions where you see judges screaming at each other for not making it clear!

so they'll decide on both and fix it up for next years lot!

ben

grrr... dammit! I didn't notice the OR.

In which case it seems like most people didn't notice, like you said they usually but it in bold capitals.

They better mark everyone the same! Like it shouldn't matter just as long as you make some sort of evaluation overall about the personality. It's a bit stupid if you ask me, and there is obviously a reason they didn't put it in bolds - i.e. they were just trying to be nice to the people who only knew modern interpretations.

Sarah J

HSC
hmmm... are you being sarcastic? (I can't tell- it's too early in the day for this :D )

evie

Sarah-- if you wrote a good response that woulda gotten you full marks minus the OR thing, they'll take that into account. Don't worry, you'll do fine. :)

Hey, I had the same lack-of-sleep problem as well! Every time I have an exam I can never get a good nights sleep! Did the milk thing work? I only got 2 hours sleep today!

Sarah J

HSC
No. Whoever said it does was a LIAR! I drank a tonne of that crap (warm milk is diiiiiiirrrrrttttyyyyyyyy) and it took me an extra hour to get to sleep. Bastards.

evie

Aw man..Least I only have one more exam to go. How many more have you got?

Hindmarsh

I didnt see the 'OR' !

In personalities part (C) I didnt see the or , i evaluated both modern and ancient sources of Agrippina the Younger and wrote a really good answer, i used heeps of historians ( barrett, bauman,leadbetter) then ( tacitus, dio, suetonius) plus the sebastien relief and coins, do u think ill get marked down for doing both i didnt even see the 'or' i just thought it said ancient and modern, i better not get too heavily marked down, please GOD NO!:confused:

evie

Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
ok i must b really dumb,,,, wat is this 'or' every1 is talkin about, i got no idea???

In the Agrippina Personalities section there was a question which said to talk about the ancient or modern interpretations of Aggie. Some people didn't see the 'or' part. They did both anc. and mod. interpretations instead of one.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
This bit freaked me a bit actually. I was doing Hattie and started on the king list and ancient shit, cause ancient was the first word, but then i went back and re-read teh question and realised it said 'or' so i scribbled that bi out and only did modern cause i had more for that one. I did think that thry usually did the 'OR' in the capitals, but i thought it might be a typo so i didnt want to risk it...i really hope i did it right, my greek world essay was so fucked i was counting on close to full mark on the two short answer bits.

Seza

I also did agrippina and the main thing is not whether or not they said 'or' just the fact we dont have to learn about that roman skank bag again.

Cheers

Resistance

I agree, the Augustus question is pretty much the same every year ...which is a good thing i suppose!

I've also heard the the hsc markers are very lenient in their marking, they basically accept everything and anything..

They should set out the exams a lil easier for the students to understand.....i know of a few people who answered either too many questions , not enough , or the wrong ones!

Ancient history should definetly be a scaling subject, there's so much to learn and its not just memorising.....we have to evaluate and assess aswell!

:argue:

freedom

i agree seza

but man if anyone says that bout Cleo ill get violent! she for aint a whore---- and i learnt that from my modern interpretations- acamdemic ofcourse not the movies! hahaha

damn you Livy and Horace and Plutarch :chainsaw:

:p

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
I had the biggest scare of the week when the supervisor was signing me out. THE STUPID OLD LADY TOLD ME I HAD DONE THE WRONG QUESTION!! She said that i had done too many historical periods, and even though i knew i hadnt, i was careful to check, she still completly freaked me out and i was almost crying.

freedom

omg smeeger thats terrible!

what a mean cow!

i would have cried too dont worry!

but the supervisers at my schoola nd especially the head one are soooo nice!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)