accg 200 exam (1 Viewer)

isaac_0610

HSC
I know, it was easy

but anyone who took accg 200 before, knows if there is any scaling for this exam based on your past experience?

brcause I lost 10 marks for the T a/c question,sighhh

HSC
Yeah, I got scaled down I remember. Walked in and out thinking I got a D, then got pushed down to a Cr.

ameher

HSC
i did the exam aswell on thursday, thought it was ok!, hoping for some scaling though. hoping it scales upwards obviously.

ameher

HSC
really wow u got scaled down i thought the units were generally scaled upwards. none the less if u achieve a passing grade in the final exam (45 +) u will pass scaling or no scaling.

ameher

HSC
scale down , wow
cant image that happens:evilfire:
just wondering though man u mentioned u lost 10 marks in the t-accounts section how sure are u of this? since the section was worth 13, 8 for t-accounts and 5 for the other answers. btw i got it as underapplied as my overhead for the t-accounts lol.

blackrider89

HSC
u mean the one in e-student??

that's the total mark for your course
No, rite after the results are released, u have the right to view ur exam urself (and I think it's nothing uncommon to do so), not have someone do it 4 u. It's what i meant "proxy".

I got scale down 2 but still had 80 so no complaint lol.

Provided u get over 45 in ur final exams, no scale at all coz u have satisfied all the requirements.

isaac_0610

HSC
No, rite after the results are released, u have the right to view ur exam urself (and I think it's nothing uncommon to do so), not have someone do it 4 u. It's what i meant "proxy".

I got scale down 2 but still had 80 so no complaint lol.

Provided u get over 45 in ur final exams, no scale at all coz u have satisfied all the requirements.
scale down 2 marks in accg 200!? my goddd

tajid73

HSC
yes i was expecting a D cos having really good internal assessment mark 37/40. Just like at least 65% in final i could get a D, so didnt bother studying properly (my fault-and never happened again since then).
I was surprised when I saw the mark cos I did think i did very well in final esp. in calculation which consisted most of the marks so i filled the exam script view app. and saw my paper.
I got 66/100 in the final which a bit surprising cos i thought i did pretty well and I saw some parts werent properly marked, like there's nothing wrong but i didnt get full mark for example. I appealed but was unsuccessful.

So yeah 66/100*60 + 37 should be around 77 but only got 72 at the end :(

but wasnt that surprised though like my friend she got like 35/40 in her int assessment mark and only got 62 at the end.. Like logically u cant pass if u failed final exam so she got more than 30/60 in final, adding the mark altogether she should have got at least like 65 right? but not the case..

but i heard from my tutor that if ur like the top 5% student, u will get hd for sure even if like all ur marks added up is only D.. not sure whether its true+applies to all units..

tajid73

HSC
scale down 2 marks in accg 200!? my goddd
lol scale down 2 doesnt really matter if it doesnt actually degrade u from like HD to D, D to cr and so on.. wont u feel like crying if ur mark's like 74, 64,73 etc bcos of scaling?? hahaha

blackrider89

HSC
lol scale down 2 doesnt really matter if it doesnt actually degrade u from like HD to D, D to cr and so on.. wont u feel like crying if ur mark's like 74, 64,73 etc bcos of scaling?? hahaha
I meant I was scaled down too, not two lol. If they scale one I suppose it will be around 4-5 raw marks down coz 1 mark would mean nothing different at all...

blackrider89

HSC
3-5% get HD. Up 2 15% get D. 20-25% get Cr. 25-30% get P, 5% get PC and the rest are Fail (likely rate in an Accounting subject or such). The failure rate is around 1-40% depending on the nature of the subject.

ameher

HSC
3-5% get HD. Up 2 15% get D. 20-25% get Cr. 25-30% get P, 5% get PC and the rest are Fail (likely rate in an Accounting subject or such). The failure rate is around 1-40% depending on the nature of the subject.
Yep that looks about right. how does the grading go for giving a PC? is it just if u score between 45-50 in the final exam, or if u score well throughout the semester and stuff up the final is that a mark that is given?

blackrider89

HSC
Yep that looks about right. how does the grading go for giving a PC? is it just if u score between 45-50 in the final exam, or if u score well throughout the semester and stuff up the final is that a mark that is given?
Only the final exam grade would count I assume? Like Mr. Wong of STAT170 said. Makes sense imo.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)